PostgreSQL 8.0.2 and QNX Neutrino 6.2.1

From
Alexandre Sénéchal
Date:
/Hi,

Has anyone ever successfully configured and build
the PostgreSQL source tree on QNX neutrino 6.2.1  ?

I only need the libpq library as my Postgresql is hosted on
another computer. Is there a way to only configure and
build libpq ?

I tried ./configure --with-template=qnx4
And got :

# ./configure --with-template=qnx4
checking build system type... i386-pc-nto-qnx6.2.1
checking host system type... i386-pc-nto-qnx6.2.1
checking which template to use... qnx4
checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no
checking whether NLS is wanted... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking if gcc supports -Wdeclaration-after-statement... no
checking if gcc supports -Wold-style-definition... no
checking if gcc supports -Wendif-labels... no
checking if gcc supports -fno-strict-aliasing... yes
configure: using CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-fno-strict-aliasing
checking whether the C compiler still works... no
configure: error: cannot proceed

Can anyone help ? I would really need that library compiled.

Regards,

Alexandre Senechal
/

Attachment

Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.2 and QNX Neutrino 6.2.1

Date:
Alexandre S�n�chal wrote:

> /Hi,
>
> Has anyone ever successfully configured and build
> the PostgreSQL source tree on QNX neutrino 6.2.1  ?

We used to support QNX but haven't had any QNX people involved, so it is
probably just broken.  It can be fixed probably by adjusting some cases
in the code, but it will take some work on your part of digging into the
code and submitting patches.

Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.2 and QNX Neutrino 6.2.1

Date:
> Alexandre S�n�chal wrote:
>> Has anyone ever successfully configured and build
>> the PostgreSQL source tree on QNX neutrino 6.2.1  ?

> We used to support QNX but haven't had any QNX people involved, so it is
> probably just broken.  It can be fixed probably by adjusting some cases
> in the code, but it will take some work on your part of digging into the
> code and submitting patches.

The error message looked more like a broken compiler than any source
code problem.  Possibly the configure script is assuming too much about
what CFLAGS are accepted by every variant of gcc?

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Alexandre S�n�chal wrote:
> >> Has anyone ever successfully configured and build
> >> the PostgreSQL source tree on QNX neutrino 6.2.1  ?
>
> > We used to support QNX but haven't had any QNX people involved, so it is
> > probably just broken.  It can be fixed probably by adjusting some cases
> > in the code, but it will take some work on your part of digging into the
> > code and submitting patches.
>
> The error message looked more like a broken compiler than any source
> code problem.  Possibly the configure script is assuming too much about
> what CFLAGS are accepted by every variant of gcc?

In "code" I mean configure code too.  The changes will probably be very
minor, but it will take some work from someone running QNX.

Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.2 and QNX Neutrino 6.2.1

From
Bernd Tegge
Date:
Alexandre Sénéchal wrote:

>/Hi,
>
>Has anyone ever successfully configured and build
>the PostgreSQL source tree on QNX neutrino 6.2.1  ?
>
>I only need the libpq library as my Postgresql is hosted on
>another computer. Is there a way to only configure and
>build libpq ?
>
>I tried ./configure --with-template=qnx4
>And got :

That will not work. QNX4 is incompatible in more than one way
with QNX6 (a.k.a. neutrino).
Your best bet is probably a download site like openqnx.com.
AFAIK there are prebuilt executables and sources available.

--
Silverman's Paradox: If Murphy's Law can go wrong, it will.