Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Hey,

Is there a bug tracker or todo list for this sub project?

JD
                         +1-503-667-4564

Re: Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 02/07/2016 04:20 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Is there a bug tracker or todo list for this sub project?

Anyone?

JD

> JD

                         +1-503-667-4564

Re: Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi Josh,

On Sun, 2016-02-07 at 16:20 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Is there a bug tracker or todo list for this sub project?

Nope. We had one when we had SVN, but we don't have now. You can use
the mailing list for submitting bugs.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 02/08/2016 02:18 PM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> On Sun, 2016-02-07 at 16:20 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Is there a bug tracker or todo list for this sub project?
>
> Nope. We had one when we had SVN, but we don't have now. You can use
> the mailing list for submitting bugs.

Ugh,

Well what about people that would like to help out? Is there a FAQ for
contributing or anything?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Regards,

                         +1-503-667-4564

Re: Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

On Mon, 2016-02-08 at 14:46 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Well what about people that would like to help out? Is there a FAQ
> for  contributing or anything?

We currently use mailing list for this. Unfortunately, we cannot use
the redmine instance at .org, as it is not open to everyone. OTOH,
yum.postgresql.org has its own server, so I believe we can setup our
own bug tracking system there.

Jeff, what do you think?

Until then, please use the mailing list for any questions/patches.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
Jeff Frost
Date:
> On Feb 10, 2016, at 3:26 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2016-02-08 at 14:46 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Well what about people that would like to help out? Is there a FAQ
>> for  contributing or anything?
>
> We currently use mailing list for this. Unfortunately, we cannot use
> the redmine instance at .org, as it is not open to everyone. OTOH,
> yum.postgresql.org has its own server, so I believe we can setup our
> own bug tracking system there.
>
> Jeff, what do you think?
>
> Until then, please use the mailing list for any questions/patches.

Probably worth getting a basic tracker going. That way we don’t have things fall through the cracks when we get busy.

Re: Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 02/10/2016 07:50 AM, Jeff Frost wrote:

>> On Feb 10, 2016, at 3:26 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, 2016-02-08 at 14:46 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>> Well what about people that would like to help out? Is there a FAQ
>>> for  contributing or anything?
>>
>> We currently use mailing list for this. Unfortunately, we cannot use
>> the redmine instance at .org, as it is not open to everyone. OTOH,
>> yum.postgresql.org has its own server, so I believe we can setup our
>> own bug tracking system there.
>>
>> Jeff, what do you think?
>>
>> Until then, please use the mailing list for any questions/patches.
>
> Probably worth getting a basic tracker going. That way we don’t have things fall through the cracks when we get busy.

I think we should approach the team about using redmine.postgresql.org.
We don't want to have to create infrastructure that we don't need to. If
they aren't interested in allowing that, then by all means. I have
extensive experience with redmine and would be more than happy to set it
up for this project.

Sincerely,

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564

Re: Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi Josh,

On Wed, 2016-02-10 at 08:04 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> I think we should approach the team about using
> redmine.postgresql.org.

I already did, about a year ago. They don't want to open it to public
access.

> We don't want to have to create infrastructure that we don't need to.
> If  they aren't interested in allowing that, then by all means. I
> have  extensive experience with redmine and would be more than happy
> to set it  up for this project.

That would be awesome. Are you a part of sysadmins@ list? If so, we can
move this discussion there, as the box is locked.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 02/10/2016 09:35 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> On Wed, 2016-02-10 at 08:04 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>> I think we should approach the team about using
>> redmine.postgresql.org.
>
> I already did, about a year ago. They don't want to open it to public
> access.

I spoke with Dave and Magnus. They are perfectly happy to allow us to
have a redmine sub project. There are two requirements:

1. No plugins (not a limiting factor right now, I can only think of one
that would be really useful (the CMD pastebin)).

2. You have to have a community account to post.

I think #2 is absolutely reasonable. It will reduce spam and
maintenance. There is also precedence for it, if you want to submit a
but to PgAdmin you need a community account.

>> We don't want to have to create infrastructure that we don't need to.
>> If  they aren't interested in allowing that, then by all means. I
>> have  extensive experience with redmine and would be more than happy
>> to set it  up for this project.
>
> That would be awesome. Are you a part of sysadmins@ list? If so, we can
> move this discussion there, as the box is locked.

I don't know if I am on sysadmins@ or not but I can be if need be. I
used to be. I think I unsubscribed a while back.

Sincerely,

JD

> Regards,

                         +1-503-667-4564

Re: Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

On Wed, 2016-02-10 at 09:42 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> I spoke with Dave and Magnus. They are perfectly happy to allow us to
>  have a redmine sub project. There are two requirements:

Oh, great. I spoke to Magnus a year ago, when he turned me down :)
Thanks! I'll contact them directly (and CC you).

> 1. No plugins (not a limiting factor right now, I can only think of
> one  that would be really useful (the CMD pastebin)).

I think we can live w/o pastebin.

> 2. You have to have a community account to post.
>
> I think #2 is absolutely reasonable. It will reduce spam and
> maintenance. There is also precedence for it, if you want to submit a
>  but to PgAdmin you need a community account.

Agreed.

> I don't know if I am on sysadmins@ or not but I can be if need be. I
> used to be. I think I unsubscribed a while back.

Well, since you spoke to them already, no need to move this discussion
there.

Thanks again for the initiative.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 02/10/2016 11:11 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2016-02-10 at 09:42 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> I spoke with Dave and Magnus. They are perfectly happy to allow us to
>>   have a redmine sub project. There are two requirements:
>
> Oh, great. I spoke to Magnus a year ago, when he turned me down :)
> Thanks! I'll contact them directly (and CC you).

They are awaiting an official request, which would need to come from you
or Jeff.

Thanks for this, it should make things easier.

> Thanks again for the initiative.

You are welcome.

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564

Re: Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 02/10/2016 11:37 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 02/10/2016 11:11 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, 2016-02-10 at 09:42 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>> I spoke with Dave and Magnus. They are perfectly happy to allow us to
>>>   have a redmine sub project. There are two requirements:
>>
>> Oh, great. I spoke to Magnus a year ago, when he turned me down :)
>> Thanks! I'll contact them directly (and CC you).
>
> They are awaiting an official request, which would need to come from you
> or Jeff.

Hello,

I thought I would look into the status of this?

JD

                      +1-503-667-4564

Re: Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi Josh,

On Tue, 2016-02-16 at 13:19 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> I thought I would look into the status of this?

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1455626941.26346.54.camel@gunduz.org

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Bug Tracker or Todo List?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 02/16/2016 11:12 PM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> On Tue, 2016-02-16 at 13:19 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> I thought I would look into the status of this?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1455626941.26346.54.camel@gunduz.org
>
> Regards,

Awesome! I am not sure how I missed that. Thanks for following through
Devrim!

Joshua D. Drake

                      +1-503-667-4564