Pgbouncer 1.6

From
Andomar
Date:
Hi,

Good day. I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

Recently pgbouncer 1.6 was announced. The new features look very useful:
  • Load user password hash from postgres database.
  • Pooling mode can be configured both per-database and per-user.
  • Per-database and per-user connection limits: max_db_connections and max_user_connections.
  • Add DISABLE/ENABLE commands to prevent new connections.
  • New preferred DNS backend: c-ares.
  • Config files have ‘%include FILENAME’ directive to allow configuration to be split into several files.
http://pgbouncer.github.io/2015/08/pgbouncer-1-6/

The current pgbouncer package at yum.postgresql.org shows "1.5.5-1.rhel6" as the latest version.

Is there a plan / schedule to introduce a pgbouncer 1.6 package to yum.postgresql.org?

Kind regards,
Andomar

Re: Pgbouncer 1.6

From
Andomar
Date:
Hi,

A while ago I posted the mail below to the list and it’s in the archive:

So I supposed it was sent correctly.

Is anyone reading this?
Would anyone know how to contact the maintainer for the pgbouncer package at yum.postgresql.org?

Cheers,
Andomar

[...]

Jeff Frost
Date:
Yes, we definitely plan to update it, just haven’t had a chance to get to it yet.

[...]

---
Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
FAX: 415-762-5122

Re: Pgbouncer 1.6

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

On Sat, 2015-08-08 at 16:32 +0200, Andomar wrote:
> Is there a plan / schedule to introduce a pgbouncer 1.6 package to
> yum.postgresql.org?

As Jeff stated, we did not have time so far. I am offline nowadays, so
expect the package around 2nd week of Sep.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Pgbouncer 1.6

From
Andomar
Date:
> As Jeff stated, we did not have time so far. I am offline nowadays, so
> expect the package around 2nd week of Sep.

Ok thanks for the reply!  We'd rather wait a few weeks than do a manual
install. :)

Cheers,
Andomar

Re: Pgbouncer 1.6

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

I pushed 1.6.1 packages yesterday for all supported distros/PG
releases.

Regards, Devrim

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ