repmgr for PostgreSQL 9.3

From
Francisco Cabrita
Date:
Hi guys,

I’ve added postgresql.org apt repo and installed PostgreSQL 9.3 from it.

# apt-cache search postgresql | grep repmgr
postgresql-9.0-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.0
postgresql-9.1-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.1
postgresql-9.2-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.2
repmgr - replication manager for PostgreSQL
repmgr-dbg - debug symbols for repmgr

I don’t find repmgr for PostgreSQL 9.3, am I missing something or should I use ‘repmgr’ deb?

thanks in advance

Cheers,
Frank

--
Change is the essential process of all existence.
-- Spock, "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield", stardate 5730.2

Re: repmgr for PostgreSQL 9.3

From
Christoph Berg
Re: Francisco Cabrita 2013-12-05 <etPan.52a0a473.6b8b4567.34c8@Francisco-Cabritas-MacBook-Pro.local>
> I’ve added postgresql.org apt repo and installed PostgreSQL 9.3 from it.
>
> # apt-cache search postgresql | grep repmgr
> postgresql-9.0-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.0
> postgresql-9.1-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.1
> postgresql-9.2-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.2
> repmgr - replication manager for PostgreSQL
> repmgr-dbg - debug symbols for repmgr
>
> I don’t find repmgr for PostgreSQL 9.3, am I missing something or should I use ‘repmgr’ deb?

'repmgr' is the frontend.

The postgresql-9.3-repmgr binary hasn't been built yet. I've just
tried rebuilding the package with 9.3, but it looks like it needs some
porting because of changes in PostgreSQL:

17:40:56 repmgrd.c: In function 'do_failover':
17:40:56 repmgrd.c:654:25: error: request for member 'xlogid' in something not a structure or union
17:40:56    nodes[i].xlog_location.xlogid = uxlogid;

Marco?

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/

Re: repmgr for PostgreSQL 9.3

From
Marco Nenciarini
Date:
Il 05/12/13 17:05, Francisco Cabrita ha scritto:
> Hi guys,
>
> I’ve added postgresql.org apt repo and installed PostgreSQL 9.3 from it.
>
> # apt-cache search postgresql | grep repmgr
> postgresql-9.0-repmgr - replication manager support modules for
> PostgreSQL 9.0
> postgresql-9.1-repmgr - replication manager support modules for
> PostgreSQL 9.1
> postgresql-9.2-repmgr - replication manager support modules for
> PostgreSQL 9.2
> repmgr - replication manager for PostgreSQL
> repmgr-dbg - debug symbols for repmgr
>
> I don’t find repmgr for PostgreSQL 9.3, am I missing something or should
> I use ‘repmgr’ deb?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Cheers,
> Frank

The upcoming repmgr release will support it. It has already been tagged,
but no official release tarball has been
produced.

I'd prefer to use the official tarball, but if no official release will
show up in the next couple of days, I'll backport the compatibility
patch to the current version.

Regards,
Marco

--
Marco Nenciarini - 2ndQuadrant Italy
marco.nenciarini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

Attachment

Re: repmgr for PostgreSQL 9.3

From
Frank

On 5 Dec 2013 at 16:43:05, Christoph Berg (cb@df7cb.de) wrote:

Re: Francisco Cabrita 2013-12-05 <etPan.52a0a473.6b8b4567.34c8@Francisco-Cabritas-MacBook-Pro.local>
> I’ve added postgresql.org apt repo and installed PostgreSQL 9.3 from it.
>
> # apt-cache search postgresql | grep repmgr
> postgresql-9.0-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.0
> postgresql-9.1-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.1
> postgresql-9.2-repmgr - replication manager support modules for PostgreSQL 9.2
> repmgr - replication manager for PostgreSQL
> repmgr-dbg - debug symbols for repmgr
>
> I don’t find repmgr for PostgreSQL 9.3, am I missing something or should I use ‘repmgr’ deb?

'repmgr' is the frontend.

I though it was de ‘default’ repmgr shipped with Debian default repos