building PHP on OS X with pgsql support

From
Frank Joerdens
Date:
I tried both the fink package (installed the package postgresql-shlibs
as well), which is based on 7.2.3, and compiled 7.3rc1 myself. With the
fink package, it won't find libpq-fe.h (it ain't there, as far as I can
make out, i.e. I ran a find on the entire fink tree). With 7.3rc1, I get
an error upon running

./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql:

|                       *** ATTENTION ***                            |
| Something is likely to be messed up here, because the configure    |
| script was not able to detect a simple feature on your platform.   |
| This is often caused by incorrect configuration parameters. Please |
| see the file debug.log for error messages.                         |
| If you are unable to fix this, send the file debug.log to the      |
| php-install@lists.php.net mailing list and include appropiate      |
| information about your setup.                                      |

The debug.log file looks like this:

-------------------- begin debug.log --------------------
bash-2.05a# cat debug.log
CONFIGURE:   './configure' '--with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql'
CC:         gcc
CFLAGS:     -g -O2
CPPFLAGS:    -traditional-cpp
CXX:
CXXFLAGS:
INCLUDES:      -I$(top_builddir)/Zend -I/usr/src/php-4.2.3/ext/mysql/libmysql -I/usr/local/pgsql/include
LDFLAGS:     -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib
LIBS:       -lpq -lm
DLIBS:
SAPI:       cgi
PHP_RPATHS:  /usr/local/pgsql/lib
uname -a:   Darwin titan.archi-me-des.de 6.2 Darwin Kernel Version 6.2: Tue Nov  5 22:00:03 PST 2002;
root:xnu/xnu-344.12.2.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc

gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -traditional-cpp  -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib conftest.c -lpq -lm  1>&5
-------------------- end debug.log --------------------

Any ideas?

Regards, Frank

Re: building PHP on OS X with pgsql support

From
Adam Witney
Date:
Don't know what your specific problem is but I got it working using the
module from Mark Liyanage's page

http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/

HTH

adam

> I tried both the fink package (installed the package postgresql-shlibs
> as well), which is based on 7.2.3, and compiled 7.3rc1 myself. With the
> fink package, it won't find libpq-fe.h (it ain't there, as far as I can
> make out, i.e. I ran a find on the entire fink tree). With 7.3rc1, I get
> an error upon running
>
> ./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql:
>
> +--------------------------------------------------------------------+
> |                       *** ATTENTION ***                            |
> |                                                                    |
> | Something is likely to be messed up here, because the configure    |
> | script was not able to detect a simple feature on your platform.   |
> | This is often caused by incorrect configuration parameters. Please |
> | see the file debug.log for error messages.                         |
> |                                                                    |
> | If you are unable to fix this, send the file debug.log to the      |
> | php-install@lists.php.net mailing list and include appropiate      |
> | information about your setup.                                      |
> +--------------------------------------------------------------------+
>
> The debug.log file looks like this:
>
> -------------------- begin debug.log --------------------
> bash-2.05a# cat debug.log
> CONFIGURE:   './configure' '--with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql'
> CC:         gcc
> CFLAGS:     -g -O2
> CPPFLAGS:    -traditional-cpp
> CXX:
> CXXFLAGS:
> INCLUDES:      -I$(top_builddir)/Zend -I/usr/src/php-4.2.3/ext/mysql/libmysql
> -I/usr/local/pgsql/include
> LDFLAGS:     -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib
> LIBS:       -lpq -lm
> DLIBS:
> SAPI:       cgi
> PHP_RPATHS:  /usr/local/pgsql/lib
> uname -a:   Darwin titan.archi-me-des.de 6.2 Darwin Kernel Version 6.2: Tue
> Nov  5 22:00:03 PST 2002; root:xnu/xnu-344.12.2.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power
> Macintosh powerpc
>
> gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -traditional-cpp  -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib
> -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib conftest.c -lpq -lm  1>&5
> -------------------- end debug.log --------------------
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards, Frank

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

believed to be clean.

Re: building PHP on OS X with pgsql support (works with 4.3.0RC2!)

From
Frank Joerdens
Date:
On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 05:28:49PM +0000, Adam Witney wrote:

> Don't know what your specific problem is but I got it working using the
> module from Mark Liyanage's page
>
> http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/

PHP 4.3.0RC2 compiles out of the box!

Regards, Frank