building PHP on OS X with pgsql support - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Frank Joerdens
Subject building PHP on OS X with pgsql support
Date
List pgsql-php
I tried both the fink package (installed the package postgresql-shlibs
as well), which is based on 7.2.3, and compiled 7.3rc1 myself. With the
fink package, it won't find libpq-fe.h (it ain't there, as far as I can
make out, i.e. I ran a find on the entire fink tree). With 7.3rc1, I get
an error upon running

./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql:

|                       *** ATTENTION ***                            |
| Something is likely to be messed up here, because the configure    |
| script was not able to detect a simple feature on your platform.   |
| This is often caused by incorrect configuration parameters. Please |
| see the file debug.log for error messages.                         |
| If you are unable to fix this, send the file debug.log to the      |
| php-install@lists.php.net mailing list and include appropiate      |
| information about your setup.                                      |

The debug.log file looks like this:

-------------------- begin debug.log --------------------
bash-2.05a# cat debug.log
CONFIGURE:   './configure' '--with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql'
CC:         gcc
CFLAGS:     -g -O2
CPPFLAGS:    -traditional-cpp
CXX:
CXXFLAGS:
INCLUDES:      -I$(top_builddir)/Zend -I/usr/src/php-4.2.3/ext/mysql/libmysql -I/usr/local/pgsql/include
LDFLAGS:     -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib
LIBS:       -lpq -lm
DLIBS:
SAPI:       cgi
PHP_RPATHS:  /usr/local/pgsql/lib
uname -a:   Darwin titan.archi-me-des.de 6.2 Darwin Kernel Version 6.2: Tue Nov  5 22:00:03 PST 2002;
root:xnu/xnu-344.12.2.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc

gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -traditional-cpp  -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib conftest.c -lpq -lm  1>&5

Any ideas?

Regards, Frank