SSDs again, LSI Warpdrive 2 anyone?

From
Mark Kirkwood
Date:
A vendor has recommended the above drive to us - anyone have experience
with it or its predecessor Warpdrive?

http://www.storagereview.com/lsi_warpdrive_2_lp_display_idf_2011
http://www.storagereview.com/lsi_warpdrive_slp300_review

The specs look quite good, and the cards have capacitors on them -
however I can't see any *specific* mention about poweroff safety (am
going to follow that up directly myself).

Cheers

Mark

Re: SSDs again, LSI Warpdrive 2 anyone?

From
Mark Kirkwood
Date:
On 06/07/12 12:51, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> A vendor has recommended the above drive to us - anyone have
> experience with it or its predecessor Warpdrive?
>
> http://www.storagereview.com/lsi_warpdrive_2_lp_display_idf_2011
> http://www.storagereview.com/lsi_warpdrive_slp300_review
>
> The specs look quite good, and the cards have capacitors on them -
> however I can't see any *specific* mention about poweroff safety (am
> going to follow that up directly myself).

Seems like the "Warp Drive 2" was a pre-release name, "Nytro" is the
actual appellation.

http://www.lsi.com/channel/products/storagecomponents/Pages/SolidState.aspx

Cheers

Mark

Re: SSDs again, LSI Warpdrive 2 anyone?

From
jamonb
Date:
Hi Mark,

I work for the division at LSI that supports the Nytro WarpDrive and can
confirm that these support poweroff safety (data is persistent in the event
of an abrupt loss of power).  The Nytro WarpDrive has onboard capacitance to
sync intermediate ram buffers to flash, and after powerloss the card is
imediately available for use (even as a boot device).

There is lots more information on Nytro Products here:
http://www.thesmarterwaytofaster.com/ http://www.thesmarterwaytofaster.com/
As well as a place to apply for a free trial of the products, so if you
would like to give it a try let me know.

Jamon Bowen