Default location for docbook stylesheets in Gentoo

From
"Brendan Jurd"
Date:
This patch adds the default location for the DocBook DSSSL stylesheets
in gentoo's package system to the configure script.

The package in question is app-text/docbook-dsssl-stylesheets.

I'll understand if we don't want to include the location for every
single distribution under the sun, but figured it's more help than
harm to include it.

Cheers
BJ

Attachment

Re: Default location for docbook stylesheets in Gentoo

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 04:08 +1000, Brendan Jurd wrote:
> This patch adds the default location for the DocBook DSSSL stylesheets
> in gentoo's package system to the configure script.

FYI, patches should typically be submitted as context diffs. For the
specific case of configure, you should submit patches against the source
file (configure.in), not the generated file (configure).

-Neil

Re: Default location for docbook stylesheets in Gentoo

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Brendan Jurd wrote:
> This patch adds the default location for the DocBook DSSSL
> stylesheets in gentoo's package system to the configure script.

Uh, could you please send a diff with -u or -c, so we know where to put
the change?

--
Peter Eisentraut

Date:
On 8/9/07, Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> wrote:
> FYI, patches should typically be submitted as context diffs. For the
> specific case of configure, you should submit patches against the source
> file (configure.in), not the generated file (configure).

Apologies.  I haven't done much dev involving autoconf, so it didn't
occur to me that configure wasn't a source.

Is the following a reasonable way to test my changes?

$ rm configure
$ autoconf
$ ./configure

New (context) diff attached.  The actual change is in
config/docbook.m4, not configure.in.

Date:
"Brendan Jurd" <direvus@gmail.com> writes:
> New (context) diff attached.  The actual change is in
> config/docbook.m4, not configure.in.

Much better.  Committed in HEAD and REL8_2 (I suppose Gentoo weenies
won't be interested in anything older ;-))

            regards, tom lane