cosmetic patch to large object regression test

From
Jeremy Drake
Date:
Since I have now learned that it is possible to input values in hex in
postgres, I submit this patch to clean up the ugly workaround I did in the
largeobject regression test to try to input hex values.  It does not
change the functionality of the test at all, it just makes it more
readable.

In detail, before when I needed to write hex values, for example
0x20000 | 0x40000,
for the flags to lo_open, I would write it:
CAST((2 | 4) * 16^4 AS integer)

Now, I write it:
CAST(x'20000' | x'40000' AS integer)

which is more like the C and other language consumers of the API, and also
is more obvious what I am trying to do, IMHO.

--
Real Programs don't use shared text.  Otherwise, how can they use
functions for scratch space after they are finished calling them?

Attachment

Re: cosmetic patch to large object regression test

Date:

and approves it.

Jeremy Drake wrote:
> Since I have now learned that it is possible to input values in hex in
> postgres, I submit this patch to clean up the ugly workaround I did in the
> largeobject regression test to try to input hex values.  It does not
> change the functionality of the test at all, it just makes it more
> readable.
>
> In detail, before when I needed to write hex values, for example
> 0x20000 | 0x40000,
> for the flags to lo_open, I would write it:
> CAST((2 | 4) * 16^4 AS integer)
>
> Now, I write it:
> CAST(x'20000' | x'40000' AS integer)
>
> which is more like the C and other language consumers of the API, and also
> is more obvious what I am trying to do, IMHO.
>

> --
> Real Programs don't use shared text.  Otherwise, how can they use
> functions for scratch space after they are finished calling them?
[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: cosmetic patch to large object regression test

Date:
Patch applied.  Thanks.

Date:
On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Patch applied.  Thanks.

Another usage of the old workaround for the flags was added with the
application of the lo_truncate patch.  This patch changes that one to be
consistent with the others.

--
One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of

Attachment

Re: cosmetic patch to large object regression test

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 14:48 -0800, Jeremy Drake wrote:
> Another usage of the old workaround for the flags was added with the
> application of the lo_truncate patch.  This patch changes that one to be
> consistent with the others.

Applied, thanks.

-Neil