bugfix: character-code conversion of MIC -> EUC_JP.

From
Atsushi Ogawa
Date:
I found a bug in character-code conversion of MIC -> EUC_JP.
(MIC: Mule Internal Code)

In mic_to_euc_jp(), the call of mic2sjis() is a mistake.
It is necessary to call mic2euc_jp() here.

regards,

---
Atsushi Ogawa

Attachment

Re: bugfix: character-code conversion of MIC -> EUC_JP.

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 09:17:42PM +0900, Atsushi Ogawa wrote:

> I found a bug in character-code conversion of MIC -> EUC_JP.
> (MIC: Mule Internal Code)

So much for the "works flawlessly" argument :-(

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"Pensar que el espectro que vemos es ilusorio no lo despoja de espanto,

Re: bugfix: character-code conversion of MIC -> EUC_JP.

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
> I found a bug in character-code conversion of MIC -> EUC_JP.
> (MIC: Mule Internal Code)
>
> In mic_to_euc_jp(), the call of mic2sjis() is a mistake.
> It is necessary to call mic2euc_jp() here.

Thanks. The bug was there since 7.3. Apparently nobody uses
MIC->EUC_JP conversion (This is not surprising since very few people
use Mule Internal Code). So I commit the fix to current only. Please
let me know if back patch is neccessary.
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: bugfix: character-code conversion of MIC -> EUC_JP.

Date:
>> In mic_to_euc_jp(), the call of mic2sjis() is a mistake.
>> It is necessary to call mic2euc_jp() here.

> Thanks. The bug was there since 7.3. Apparently nobody uses
> MIC->EUC_JP conversion (This is not surprising since very few people
> use Mule Internal Code). So I commit the fix to current only. Please
> let me know if back patch is neccessary.

If you agree that it's wrong, please do back-patch (at least 8.0,
and personally I'd fix it back to 7.3).

            regards, tom lane

Date:
> Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp> writes:
> >> In mic_to_euc_jp(), the call of mic2sjis() is a mistake.
> >> It is necessary to call mic2euc_jp() here.
>
> > Thanks. The bug was there since 7.3. Apparently nobody uses
> > MIC->EUC_JP conversion (This is not surprising since very few people
> > use Mule Internal Code). So I commit the fix to current only. Please
> > let me know if back patch is neccessary.
>
> If you agree that it's wrong, please do back-patch (at least 8.0,
> and personally I'd fix it back to 7.3).

I will do it later (now is 2:00 AM and I need to go to bed...)
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: bugfix: character-code conversion of MIC -> EUC_JP.

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi Tatsuo,

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

>> If you agree that it's wrong, please do back-patch (at least 8.0,
>> and personally I'd fix it back to 7.3).
>
> I will do it later (now is 2:00 AM and I need to go to bed...)

This was an easy one:

http://postgresql.gunduz.org/patches/

have the related patches for 8.0,7.4 and 7.3...

--
Devrim GUNDUZ
http://www.tdmsoft.com.tr                      http://www.gunduz.org