Update to download info in install docs

From
Robert Treat
Date:
Inspired by comments from steve <steptan@hotmail.com>, adds a few urls for
more download options.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Update to download info in install docs

From
Neil Conway
Date:
Robert Treat wrote:
> Inspired by comments from steve <steptan@hotmail.com>, adds a few urls for
> more download options.

Thanks for the patch -- I applied a modified version (we can't use
<ulink url="...">description</ulink> since that won't work for printed
versions of the docs).

-Neil

Re: Update to download info in install docs

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Neil Conway wrote:
> Thanks for the patch -- I applied a modified version (we can't use
> <ulink url="...">description</ulink> since that won't work for
> printed versions of the docs).

Sure it will.  We use that all over the place.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Update to download info in install docs

Date:
> Neil Conway wrote:
>> Thanks for the patch -- I applied a modified version (we can't use
>> <ulink url="...">description</ulink> since that won't work for
>> printed versions of the docs).

> Sure it will.  We use that all over the place.

Not since Bruce took them all out a few days ago ;-).  If you were
unhappy with that you should have spoken up.  I thought the problem
was that the default printed representation doesn't show the URL
and is thus pretty useless.

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Neil Conway wrote:
> >> Thanks for the patch -- I applied a modified version (we can't use
> >> <ulink url="...">description</ulink> since that won't work for
> >> printed versions of the docs).
>
> > Sure it will.  We use that all over the place.
>
> Not since Bruce took them all out a few days ago ;-).  If you were
> unhappy with that you should have spoken up.  I thought the problem
> was that the default printed representation doesn't show the URL
> and is thus pretty useless.

Right.  I took them out specificially becuase Peter said it wouldn't
print the URL, just the description, and that was bad.  I standardized
on <ulink url="..."></ulink> which prints just the URL, and worked the
description on to the existing sentence.