Cosmetic changes

From
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Date:
Hi,
This small patch correct a hint style and change from multiple to
single line comment because gettext seems not to like multiple line
comments. Then we could see the "translator: ..." in po files too.

=====
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler[at]yahoo_com_br

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora! http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/

Attachment

Re: Cosmetic changes

Date:
Euler Taveira de Oliveira <eulerto@yahoo.com.br> writes:
> This small patch correct a hint style and change from multiple to
> single line comment because gettext seems not to like multiple line
> comments. Then we could see the "translator: ..." in po files too.

I believe most of these changes are fixing comments that were written as
single lines to begin with, and were changed to multiline format by
pgindent which has extremely narrow (ahem) ideas about the appropriate
right margin for code and comments.  Bruce, could we *please* fix
pgindent to not enforce a 72-column limit?  72 hasn't been interesting
since people stopped punching FORTRAN code into cards.  79 would be a
reasonable line length limit.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Cosmetic changes

Tom Lane wrote:
> Euler Taveira de Oliveira <eulerto@yahoo.com.br> writes:
> > This small patch correct a hint style and change from multiple to
> > single line comment because gettext seems not to like multiple line
> > comments. Then we could see the "translator: ..." in po files too.
>
> I believe most of these changes are fixing comments that were written as
> single lines to begin with, and were changed to multiline format by
> pgindent which has extremely narrow (ahem) ideas about the appropriate
> right margin for code and comments.  Bruce, could we *please* fix
> pgindent to not enforce a 72-column limit?  72 hasn't been interesting
> since people stopped punching FORTRAN code into cards.  79 would be a
> reasonable line length limit.

It was set to 75.  Updated to 79.  I assume you don't want a rerun now.

Re: Cosmetic changes

Date:
It seems Peter has already applied many of the cleanups you suggested.
If you have more, would you download the snapshot and send in a new
patch?  Thanks.

Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
> Hi,
> This small patch correct a hint style and change from multiple to
> single line comment because gettext seems not to like multiple line
> comments. Then we could see the "translator: ..." in po files too.
>

> =====
> Euler Taveira de Oliveira
> euler[at]yahoo_com_br

> Yahoo! Acesso Gr?tis - Internet r?pida e gr?tis. Instale o discador agora! http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/