Re: Cosmetic changes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Cosmetic changes
Date
List pgsql-patches
Euler Taveira de Oliveira <eulerto@yahoo.com.br> writes:
> This small patch correct a hint style and change from multiple to
> single line comment because gettext seems not to like multiple line
> comments. Then we could see the "translator: ..." in po files too.

I believe most of these changes are fixing comments that were written as
single lines to begin with, and were changed to multiline format by
pgindent which has extremely narrow (ahem) ideas about the appropriate
right margin for code and comments.  Bruce, could we *please* fix
pgindent to not enforce a 72-column limit?  72 hasn't been interesting
since people stopped punching FORTRAN code into cards.  79 would be a
reasonable line length limit.

            regards, tom lane