Subtransaction documentation

From
"Jonathan M. Gardner"
Date:

Attachment

Re: Subtransaction documentation

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Jonathan M. Gardner wrote:
> Attached is a diff for subtransactions. I modified the SQL reference
> section and touched on the various commands therein. I didn't mention
> anything about cursors or portals, because I bet they will be
> resolved before long.

It looks like you better wait until the syntax is finalized.  I believe
it was resolved to switch to the SAVEPOINT syntax scheme, so statements
like "ABORT will only abort the innermost transaction" will likely
become incorrect.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Subtransaction documentation

Date:
"Jonathan M. Gardner" <jgardner@jonathangardner.net> writes:
> Attached is a diff for subtransactions.

Uh, I hate to tell you this, but you wasted your time because the syntax
accepted by CVS tip is not going to be the final syntax.  None of what
you wrote here will be useful as soon as Alvaro's pending patch goes in.

            regards, tom lane