New translation: Norwegian translation of PostgreSQL 7.3

From
Trond Endrestøl
Date:
Attached you'll find a gzipped tar file containing nb.po files and
diff files for the nls.mk files.

I hope it's OK to send them all in one batch this time.

The translation is far from complete. All components but the postgres
component (src/backend/po/nb.po) have been completely translated.

I have assigned copyright of these translations to

  The PostgreSQL Global Development Group.

I hope that's OK with you.

Regards,
Trond.

Trond Endrestøl                          |    trond@ramstind.gtf.ol.no
Patron of The Art of Computer Programming|   FreeBSD 4.8-S & Pine 4.55

Attachment

Re: New translation: Norwegian translation of PostgreSQL

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Trond Endrestøl writes:

> Attached you'll find a gzipped tar file containing nb.po files and
> diff files for the nls.mk files.

The 7.3 branch is more or less dead as far as development is concerned.
Please update your translations to version 7.4 and I'll install them.

> I have assigned copyright of these translations to
>
>   The PostgreSQL Global Development Group.
>
> I hope that's OK with you.

We don't play those games.  You can keep your copyright.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Date:
Trond Endrestøl writes:

> Attached you'll find a gzipped tar file containing nb.po files and
> diff files for the nls.mk files.

I've installed these files in the 7.4 branch and fixed them up a bit for
the random wording changes that we made in 7.4.  There's still a bit of
work left for you, which you should see shortly at
<http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/nls.php>.

If we make another release from the 7.3 branch, I'll install them there as
well.

Btw., I noticed that you left the translation blank in several cases where
the translated string would have matched the original.  While that is
noble in intent, I don't think it's particularly effective.  First, you'd
never be able to reach the 100% mark in the statistics, and second, this
will actually make gettext() run longer, because it will have to search
the whole file for a string that doesn't exist.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net