Re: [HACKERS] date formatting and tab-complete patch

From
Karel Zak

 Please add this _simple_ patch to actual code. It _fix_ my bug
 in formatting.c.

 Thanks to Manuel Sugawara <masm@fciencias.unam.mx>.

       Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/

 C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz, http://mape.jcu.cz

Attachment

Re: [HACKERS] date formatting and tab-complete patch

Date:
Can I get some feedback from someone else before applying this?  Pretty
late in beta.

>  Please add this _simple_ patch to actual code. It _fix_ my bug
>  in formatting.c.
>
>  Thanks to Manuel Sugawara <masm@fciencias.unam.mx>.
>
>        Karel
>

> On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 07:41:01PM -0600, Manuel Sugawara wrote:
>
> > PS. By the way, reviewing the code I found a bug that causes the
> > following test:
> >
> > to_date(to_char('1979/22/10'::date,'dd/fmrm/yyyy'),'dd/fmrm/yyyy') = '1979/22/10'::date;
> >
> > give an error instead of a true value. Attached is the patch to fix it
> > against the 7.2b3 tree.
>
> --
>  Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
>  http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/
>
>  C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz, http://mape.jcu.cz

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Date:
On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 06:23:04AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Can I get some feedback from someone else before applying this?  Pretty
> late in beta.

 Bruce, see the patch.

 it fix

        "if (type == XXXX || YYYY)"

        "if (type == XXXX || type == YYYY)"

  :-)

        Karel
--

Date:
Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz> writes:
>  Please add this _simple_ patch to actual code. It _fix_ my bug
>  in formatting.c.

Applied, thanks.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] date formatting and tab-complete patch

Date:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 06:23:04AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > Can I get some feedback from someone else before applying this?  Pretty
> > late in beta.
> >

>  Bruce, see the patch.
>
>  it fix
>
>         "if (type == XXXX || YYYY)"

>         "if (type == XXXX || type == YYYY)"
>
>   :-)

I was just being extra cautious because it is so near final and I may
not be around to fix any breakage (in Japan).  Tom applied it.  Thanks
Tom.

Date:
On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 05:33:23AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I was just being extra cautious because it is so near final and I may

 It's very right that you rabit code-watch-dog. We have like you
 for this :-))

 I have a great regard for PostgreSQL project management and good
 stability of stable release. I hate something like Linus's: "it is
 possible compile, it must be OK. Well, make release from it". I hate
 non-tested software and shy at regression tests. Products like 2.4.15
 linux kernel is nice exhibition of bad project managment.

> not be around to fix any breakage (in Japan).  Tom applied it.  Thanks
> Tom.

 Yes, thanks.

            Karel