Patch to set timezone once instead of every call

From
Barry Lind
Date:
This patch moves the setting of the timezone on the SimpleDateFormat
object inside the initialization section instead of doing it everytime
the setTimestamp method is called.  Thanks to Dave Harkness for this
suggestion.

thanks,
--Barry

*** ./interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2/PreparedStatement.java.orig    Sat Jun 30 17:19:36 2001
--- ./interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2/PreparedStatement.java    Sat Jun 30 17:20:47 2001
***************
*** 369,377 ****
            SimpleDateFormat df = (SimpleDateFormat) tl_tsdf.get();
            if(df==null) {
              df = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss");
              tl_tsdf.set(df);
            }
-           df.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));

            // Use the shared StringBuffer
            synchronized(sbuf) {
--- 369,377 ----
            SimpleDateFormat df = (SimpleDateFormat) tl_tsdf.get();
            if(df==null) {
              df = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss");
+             df.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));
              tl_tsdf.set(df);
            }

            // Use the shared StringBuffer
            synchronized(sbuf) {

Re: [JDBC] Patch to set timezone once instead of every call

Date:

> This patch moves the setting of the timezone on the SimpleDateFormat
> object inside the initialization section instead of doing it everytime
> the setTimestamp method is called.  Thanks to Dave Harkness for this
> suggestion.
>
> thanks,
> --Barry
>

> *** ./interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2/PreparedStatement.java.orig    Sat Jun 30 17:19:36 2001
> --- ./interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2/PreparedStatement.java    Sat Jun 30 17:20:47 2001
> ***************
> *** 369,377 ****
>             SimpleDateFormat df = (SimpleDateFormat) tl_tsdf.get();
>             if(df==null) {
>               df = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss");
>               tl_tsdf.set(df);
>             }
> -           df.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));
>
>             // Use the shared StringBuffer
>             synchronized(sbuf) {
> --- 369,377 ----
>             SimpleDateFormat df = (SimpleDateFormat) tl_tsdf.get();
>             if(df==null) {
>               df = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss");
> +             df.setTimeZone(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));
>               tl_tsdf.set(df);
>             }
>
>             // Use the shared StringBuffer
>             synchronized(sbuf) {

Re: [JDBC] Patch to set timezone once instead of every call

Date:
Patch applied.  Thanks.