BeOS Diff Take 3

From
"David Reid"
Date:
Folks,

New diff that now covers the entire tree.  Applying this gets postgresql
working on the VERY latest version of BeOS.  I'm sure there will be
alot of comments, but then if there weren't I'd be disappointed!

Thanks for your continuing efforts to get this into your tree.

Haven't bothered with the new files as they haven't changed.

BTW Peter, the compiler is "broken" about the bool define and so on.
I'm filing a bug report to try and get it addressed.  Hopefully then we
can tidy up the code a bit.

I await the replies with interest :)

david

"I never get involved in my own life, it's way
too complicated."

Re: BeOS Diff Take 3

Date:
I see what you mean about having to hack up the IPC code :-(.
Ugh.  That's pretty tricky code to begin with, and having to
salt it this liberally with ifdefs is going to be a maintenance
nightmare.  Isn't there another way?

            regards, tom lane

Re: BeOS Diff Take 3

Date:
OK, I have applied this.  Seems you really put out a few versions for
BEOS, and I am sorry for that.  I did not use your 99 version because it
seemed there weren't too many #ifdef's in ipc.c.

All your patches applied, except a few because HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS now
handles unix socket testing, rather than os-specific tests.  Please try
the snapshot and let me know how it works on beos.

Thanks.

> Folks,
>
> New diff that now covers the entire tree.  Applying this gets postgresql
> working on the VERY latest version of BeOS.  I'm sure there will be
> alot of comments, but then if there weren't I'd be disappointed!
>
> Thanks for your continuing efforts to get this into your tree.
>
> Haven't bothered with the new files as they haven't changed.
>
> BTW Peter, the compiler is "broken" about the bool define and so on.
> I'm filing a bug report to try and get it addressed.  Hopefully then we
> can tidy up the code a bit.
>
> I await the replies with interest :)
>
> david
>
> "I never get involved in my own life, it's way
> too complicated."

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ application/x-be_attribute is not supported, skipping... ]

Re: BeOS Diff Take 3

Date: