Failed PW retries

From
Stephen Frost
Date:
Greetings,

  When the ODBC driver gets back a failed login it seems to retry the
  same username/password 4 times, then tries with user 'admin', then
  tries again with the original username before prompting the user to
  enter a new password.

  Is there any way to change this behaviour?  Our PG system is set up to
  lock-out accounts after 3 failed login tries and so this is kind of a
  problem.

  We're using pam in pg_hba.conf and pam_radius_auth in the
  pam.d/postgres config, though I don't think those matter as we see
  multiple attempts in the Postgres log itself (and don't see these
  duplicated attempts when connecting with psql or similar).

      Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment

Re: Failed PW retries

From
Brian Almeida
Date:
On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 03:37:33PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>   When the ODBC driver gets back a failed login it seems to retry the
>   same username/password 4 times, then tries with user 'admin', then
>   tries again with the original username before prompting the user to
>   enter a new password.
FYI, we were able to stop the "Admin" login by setting TryJetAuth=0 in
the registry.  But are still baffled why access is getting an auth
failed 4 times before even trying to prompt the user for a password.

Anyone else ever experience a similar issue with one-time passwords?

Thanks,

Brian