Error in 'psqlodbca.dll'

From
Cláudia Macedo Amorim

Hello,

I'm having a problem when I try to retrieve  records.
I'm using PostgreSQL 8.1 and a Delphi application.
When I try tro retrieve more than 300.000 records through Delphi application I receive an access violation in module 'psqlodbca.dll' .

Could you help-me?

Thanks,
_________________________
Cláudia Macedo Amorim
Consultora de Desenvolvimento
PC Sistemas - www.pcsist.com.br
(62) 3250-0200
claudia.amorim@pcinformatica.com.br

Auto Serviço WinThor: um novo conceito em tecnologia, segurança e agilidade.
Attachment

Re: Error in 'psqlodbca.dll'

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 12/07/2007 21:34, Cláudia Macedo Amorim wrote:

> I'm having a problem when I try to retrieve  records.
> I'm using PostgreSQL 8.1 and a Delphi application.
> When I try tro retrieve more than 300.000 records through Delphi
> application I receive an access violation in module *'psqlodbca.dll'* .

Please don't send HTML email to the list.

I don't really know enough about the internals of the ODBC driver to
help you, but you ought to post some more detail of the error before
anyone else can. For example, what version of Delphi? Are you using BDE
or any other interface? What *exactly* is the text of the error you get?
- and what are you doing when the error occurs?

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: Error in 'psqlodbca.dll'

From
Ludek Finstrle
Date:
Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 11:04:36PM +0100, Raymond O'Donnell napsal(a):
> On 12/07/2007 21:34, Cláudia Macedo Amorim wrote:
>
> >I'm having a problem when I try to retrieve  records.
> >I'm using PostgreSQL 8.1 and a Delphi application.
> >When I try tro retrieve more than 300.000 records through Delphi
> >application I receive an access violation in module *'psqlodbca.dll'* .
>
> Please don't send HTML email to the list.
>
> I don't really know enough about the internals of the ODBC driver to
> help you, but you ought to post some more detail of the error before
> anyone else can. For example, what version of Delphi? Are you using BDE
> or any other interface? What *exactly* is the text of the error you get?
> - and what are you doing when the error occurs?

+ what version of psqlodbc are you using?

Luf

Re: Error in 'psqlodbca.dll'

From
Cláudia Macedo Amorim
Date:
Hi,
I'm using  the 8.01.02.00 version of  psqlodbca.dll, Delphi 2006 and I
access the PostGreSQL through ADO components.
The error occurs when I try to execute the sql statement: "select * from
fact".
The error message is:
"Project BI.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access
violation at adress 027B9D26 in module 'psqlodbca.dll". Write of address
00000000."

Thanks,
Cláudia.

> Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 11:04:36PM +0100, Raymond O'Donnell napsal(a):
>> On 12/07/2007 21:34, Cláudia Macedo Amorim wrote:
>>
>> >I'm having a problem when I try to retrieve  records.
>> >I'm using PostgreSQL 8.1 and a Delphi application.
>> >When I try tro retrieve more than 300.000 records through Delphi
>> >application I receive an access violation in module *'psqlodbca.dll'* .
>>
>> Please don't send HTML email to the list.
>>
>> I don't really know enough about the internals of the ODBC driver to
>> help you, but you ought to post some more detail of the error before
>> anyone else can. For example, what version of Delphi? Are you using BDE
>> or any other interface? What *exactly* is the text of the error you get?
>> - and what are you doing when the error occurs?
>
> + what version of psqlodbc are you using?
>
> Luf

Error in 'psqlodbca.dll'

From
Cláudia Macedo Amorim
Date:
Hi,
I'm using  the 8.01.02.00 version of  psqlodbca.dll, Delphi 2006 and I
access the PostGreSQL through ADO components.
The error occurs when I try to execute the sql statement: "select * from
fact".
The error message is:
"Project BI.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access
violation at adress 027B9D26 in module 'psqlodbca.dll". Write of address
00000000."

Thanks,
Cláudia.

> Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 11:04:36PM +0100, Raymond O'Donnell napsal(a):
>> On 12/07/2007 21:34, Cláudia Macedo Amorim wrote:
>>
>> >I'm having a problem when I try to retrieve  records.
>> >I'm using PostgreSQL 8.1 and a Delphi application.
>> >When I try tro retrieve more than 300.000 records through Delphi
>> >application I receive an access violation in module *'psqlodbca.dll'* .
>>
>> Please don't send HTML email to the list.
>>
>> I don't really know enough about the internals of the ODBC driver to
>> help you, but you ought to post some more detail of the error before
>> anyone else can. For example, what version of Delphi? Are you using BDE
>> or any other interface? What *exactly* is the text of the error you get?
>> - and what are you doing when the error occurs?
>
> + what version of psqlodbc are you using?
>
> Luf

Re: Error in 'psqlodbca.dll'

From
David Gardner
Date:
Do other queries work, and only this one gives the error? What happens
if you did a query with a where conition that returned only 10 rows,
would you still get the error? Also I'm not much of a Delphi programmer,
but I have an idea of what ADO code should look like, could you post the
code snipit in question?

Cláudia Macedo Amorim wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using  the 8.01.02.00 version of  psqlodbca.dll, Delphi 2006 and I
> access the PostGreSQL through ADO components.
> The error occurs when I try to execute the sql statement: "select * from
> fact".
> The error message is:
> "Project BI.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation with message
> 'Access
> violation at adress 027B9D26 in module 'psqlodbca.dll". Write of address
> 00000000."
>
> Thanks,
> Cláudia.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ludek Finstrle" <luf@pzkagis.cz>

David Gardner

Re: Error in 'psqlodbca.dll'

From
Ludek Finstrle
Date:
Hello,

> Do other queries work, and only this one gives the error? What happens
> if you did a query with a where conition that returned only 10 rows,
> would you still get the error? Also I'm not much of a Delphi programmer,
> but I have an idea of what ADO code should look like, could you post the
> code snipit in question?

David the psqlodbc 08.01.0200 is dead branch. It's based on libpq.

> >I'm using  the 8.01.02.00 version of  psqlodbca.dll, Delphi 2006 and I

Please let's try latest psqlodbc version at first. 08.01 version has
no support at all. Don't worry about pgsql version. The 08.02 psqlodbc
driver supports pgsql 7.X and 8.X pgsql at least.

Regards,

Luf

P.S. psqlodbc 08.01 has several broken features so let's try play (disable)
     with connection settings (e.g. disallow premature, updateable cursor
     etc)