Receiving INFO, WARNING, etc. (non-EXCEPTION) messages in ODBC

From
postgresql.org@tgice.com
Date:
For various unimportant reasons, I'd like to pass informational /
warning messages back from either a pl/pgsql function or trigger to a
client using ODBC.  Currently, I'm able to use RAISE INFO or RAISE
WARNING to successfully pass back these information messages to (e.g.)
the pgAdmin query tool, but I don't get the messages in a ODBC client
that I'm pretty sure is checking the message returned with
SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO completion statuses.

Is this possible?  If so, what might I be missing in my SQL ODBC client,
and if not, do you have any suggestions for how I might accomplish this
in an equally simple and intuitive way through ODBC?

Thank you,

John Lawler

Re: Receiving INFO, WARNING, etc. (non-EXCEPTION) messages

From
postgresql.org@tgice.com
Date:
postgresql.org@tgice.com wrote:
> Is this possible?  If so, what might I be missing in my SQL ODBC client,
> and if not, do you have any suggestions for how I might accomplish this
> in an equally simple and intuitive way through ODBC?

Does nobody have any ideas on this one?  I spent a good couple of hours
yesterday searching this forum and the whole internet looking for
references as to how to do this.  Mostly I just found either unanswered
questions (like mine so far) or scenarios that didn't seem to directly
relate to ODBC.

Am I going down the wrong path with this?

Re: Receiving INFO, WARNING, etc. (non-EXCEPTION) messages

From
Hiroshi Inoue
Date:
postgresql.org@tgice.com wrote:

>postgresql.org@tgice.com wrote:
>

>>Is this possible?  If so, what might I be missing in my SQL ODBC client,
>>and if not, do you have any suggestions for how I might accomplish this
>>in an equally simple and intuitive way through ODBC?
>>

>Does nobody have any ideas on this one?

Did you try the *Experimental Enhanced Branch at
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/psqlodbc/ ?

In addition the lateset snapshot dll is at
   http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/index.html .

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue*

Date:
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> postgresql.org@tgice.com wrote:
>>> Is this possible?  If so, what might I be missing in my SQL ODBC client,
>>> and if not, do you have any suggestions for how I might accomplish this
>>> in an equally simple and intuitive way through ODBC?
>>>

>> Does nobody have any ideas on this one?
>
> Did you try the *Experimental Enhanced Branch at
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/psqlodbc/ ?
>
> In addition the lateset snapshot dll is at
>   http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/index.html .
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi Inoue*

Hiroshi, thanks for the tip!  I tried out the latest Experimental
Enhanced Branch (EEB) (07.03.0260) from pgfoundry, and now my SQL ODBC
client sees a NOTICE message in the SUCCESS_WITH_SQL_INFO part.

Good deal.  Now could you explain to me how the EEB is related to the
stable branch?  Will we be able to see the features in the EEB in the
production drivers any time soon?

Thanks again for your suggestion.

jl

Date:
postgresql.org@tgice.com wrote:
> Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

>>>Does nobody have any ideas on this one?
>>
>>Did you try the *Experimental Enhanced Branch at
>>http://pgfoundry.org/projects/psqlodbc/ ?
>>
>>In addition the lateset snapshot dll is at
>>  http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/index.html .
>>
>>regards,
>>Hiroshi Inoue*
>

> Hiroshi, thanks for the tip!  I tried out the latest Experimental
> Enhanced Branch (EEB) (07.03.0260) from pgfoundry, and now my SQL ODBC
> client sees a NOTICE message in the SUCCESS_WITH_SQL_INFO part.
>
> Good deal.  Now could you explain to me how the EEB is related to the
> stable branch?  Will we be able to see the features in the EEB in the
> production drivers any time soon?

Please look at the thread
  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2006-03/msg00107.php .

regards,