libpq enabled psqlodbc

From
"Anoop Kumar"

We made quite some progress with libpq enabled version of psqlodbc.

Here are the four phases of this:

Phase 1     Connecting to the database through libpq library

Phase 2     Mapping the Socket ResultSet class with libpq class

Phase 3     Using the libpq mapped classes in all the related areas

Phase 4     Retrieving ResultSet and displaying it to the end user

We have completed the first three phases and currently working on the fourth one. But lot more work needs to be done as the affected code spans almost the entire odbc code, which needs a thorough checking. I expect the patch to be submitted in next week.

Regards

Anoop

Re: libpq enabled psqlodbc

From
Jonathan Fuerth
Date:
have completed the first three phases and currently working on the
fourth one. But lot more work needs to be done as the affected code
spans almost the entire odbc code, which needs a thorough checking. I
expect the patch to be submitted in next week.</x-tad-bigger></fontfamily></fixed>

</excerpt>Anoop, that's great news!

Will this patch enable any of the new protocol features, such as
sqlstate error codes from the backend, rollback to savepoint, and real
prepared statements?

I look forward to this update!

-Jonathan

On Jun 30, 2005, at 1:01 AM, Anoop Kumar wrote:

> We have completed the first three phases and currently working on the
> fourth one. But lot more work needs to be done as the affected code
> spans almost the entire odbc code, which needs a thorough checking. I
> expect the patch to be submitted in next week.

Anoop, that's great news!

Will this patch enable any of the new protocol features, such as
sqlstate error codes from the backend, rollback to savepoint, and real
prepared statements?

I look forward to this update!

-Jonathan

Re: libpq enabled psqlodbc

From
Zoltan Boszormenyi
Date:
Anoop Kumar írta:
> We made quite some progress with libpq enabled version of psqlodbc.
>
> Here are the four phases of this:
>

> Phase 1     Connecting to the database through libpq library
>
> Phase 2     Mapping the Socket ResultSet class with libpq class
>
> Phase 3     Using the libpq mapped classes in all the related areas
>
> Phase 4     Retrieving ResultSet and displaying it to the end user
>

> We have completed the first three phases and currently working on the
> fourth one. But lot more work needs to be done as the affected code
> spans almost the entire odbc code, which needs a thorough checking. I
> expect the patch to be submitted in next week.
>

> Regards
>

> Anoop

Thanks for the great news! May I have some questions, though?
Do your changes make the problems I reported in the past few weeks
go away?

- Complex queries (with OUTER JOIN or subqueries) fetch only
   0 or 1 rows, the following SQLFetch(hStmt) returns error.
- SQLCancel does not work

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

Re: libpq enabled psqlodbc

From
"Anoop Kumar"

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks!

Currently the plan is to convert the socket code to libpq enabled code, without any enhancements. We may do the enhancements those you suggested after finishing all the phases and posting the patch to the community.

Regards

Anoop

We have completed the first three phases and currently working on the fourth one. But lot more work needs to be done as the affected code spans almost the entire odbc code, which needs a thorough checking. I expect the patch to be submitted in next week.

Anoop, that's great news!

Will this patch enable any of the new protocol features, such as sqlstate error codes from the backend, rollback to savepoint, and real prepared statements?

I look forward to this update!

-Jonathan

Re: libpq enabled psqlodbc

From
"Merlin Moncure"

Is it possible to get the current odbc driver patch for review and testing?  Joel is in urgent need of a more stable driver and he might be a good candidate to help test the driver.

Merlin

We made quite some progress with libpq enabled version of psqlodbc.

Here are the four phases of this:

Phase 1    Connecting to the database through libpq library

Phase 2    Mapping the Socket ResultSet class with libpq class

Phase 3    Using the libpq mapped classes in all the related areas

Phase 4    Retrieving ResultSet and displaying it to the end user

We have completed the first three phases and currently working on the fourth one. But lot more work needs to be done as the affected code spans almost the entire odbc code, which needs a thorough checking. I expect the patch to be submitted in next week.

Regards

Anoop

Re: libpq enabled psqlodbc

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
Hi Merlin

I received the first cut patch from Anoop this morning and have already fed back a minor update. I found one bug that needs fixing, following which I think it will be ready for a demo build which I'll produce and upload ASAP. The patch won't hit the lists because it's too big (Anoop did send it though), but if you want a copy sent privately let me know.

Regards, Dave