Binary Distributions and win32 Legacy Driver

From
Jeff Post
Date:
I just wanted to note that it has been over a year since an update to the
Win32 Binary files that are available for download from the Gborg project.

Also the "legacy" PostgreSQL driver that is installed from those binaries
does not seem to be installed correctly.

I am desperately trying to get some commercial software  connected through
ODBC to a postgresql 7.3.4 DB . I am certain that there are bugs with the
$$$ Software.   (the ODBC Connection works great W/ M$ Access).

Their Tech support mentioned that their product is expecting a 32bit ODBC
Connection.  I am not certain,  But isn't the current driver ODBC 3.0
?  Does that mean that it is 32 bit?

Any thoughts on things I can try to get this to work?

Thanks,
Jeff Post

Re: Binary Distributions and win32 Legacy Driver

From
"Dave Page"

There are some snapshot releases. The last one is pretty stable (with
the experimental cursor support disabled). Unfortunately we have a
serious lack of active developers.

> Also the "legacy" PostgreSQL driver that is installed from
> those binaries does not seem to be installed correctly.

I've not seen that reported before. The legacy driver should be avoided
unless you have any specific need for it anyway -- it's already been
dropped from the current code.

> I am desperately trying to get some commercial software
> connected through ODBC to a postgresql 7.3.4 DB . I am
> certain that there are bugs with the
> $$$ Software.   (the ODBC Connection works great W/ M$ Access).
>
> Their Tech support mentioned that their product is expecting
> a 32bit ODBC Connection.  I am not certain,  But isn't the
> current driver ODBC 3.0 ?  Does that mean that it is 32 bit?

There was never a 16bit version of the driver that I'm aware of! The
current (ie. snapshot) version of the driver is ODBC3.0 with Unicode
support.

> Any thoughts on things I can try to get this to work?

Try the snapshot, and if you have any problems, please report them with
error messages and logfiles where appropriate.

Regards, Dave.