Re: Binary Distributions and win32 Legacy Driver - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Binary Distributions and win32 Legacy Driver
Date
List pgsql-odbc

There are some snapshot releases. The last one is pretty stable (with
the experimental cursor support disabled). Unfortunately we have a
serious lack of active developers.

> Also the "legacy" PostgreSQL driver that is installed from
> those binaries does not seem to be installed correctly.

I've not seen that reported before. The legacy driver should be avoided
unless you have any specific need for it anyway -- it's already been
dropped from the current code.

> I am desperately trying to get some commercial software
> connected through ODBC to a postgresql 7.3.4 DB . I am
> certain that there are bugs with the
> $$$ Software.   (the ODBC Connection works great W/ M$ Access).
>
> Their Tech support mentioned that their product is expecting
> a 32bit ODBC Connection.  I am not certain,  But isn't the
> current driver ODBC 3.0 ?  Does that mean that it is 32 bit?

There was never a 16bit version of the driver that I'm aware of! The
current (ie. snapshot) version of the driver is ODBC3.0 with Unicode
support.

> Any thoughts on things I can try to get this to work?

Try the snapshot, and if you have any problems, please report them with
error messages and logfiles where appropriate.

Regards, Dave.