ODBC Access from Visual Foxpro

From
Marc Balmer
Date:
Hi All and sorry if this is a FAQ...

I am trying to access a PostgreSQL V 7.1.2 server with PsqlODBC from
Microsoft Visual Foxpro 5.0.  The machine is MS Windows NT 4.0 SP 6.

I can access the tables with no problem but only in read-only mode,
although
I unchecked the "read-only" checkbox in the ODB driver & datasource tabs.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Regards & Thanks,
Marc

Re: ODBC Access from Visual Foxpro

From
"Andrea Aime"
Date:
I have the same problem with the data access features of Autocad...
is there anyone who has an idea? I've tried to track it down but
without success...
best regards
Andrea Aime

Date:
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Are you turning on *Recognize Unique Indexes* option ?

Yes, I have turned it on...

> OTOH psqlodbc driver itself doesn't support updatable
> cursors, so you need some means to access updatable
> cursors like M$ DAO-Jet/ M$ ODBC cursor library...
>
> I've tried (updatable) driver cursors a little
> but gave up the plan due to a recent backend
> change.

Unfortunately Autocad data access code is out of my control, so
I can't do anything about it... I'll keep it read only, sigh...

Best regards
Andrea Aime

Re: ODBC Access from Visual Foxpro

From
Hiroshi Inoue
Date:
Are you turning on *Recognize Unique Indexes* option ?

OTOH psqlodbc driver itself doesn't support updatable
cursors, so you need some means to access updatable
cursors like M$ DAO-Jet/ M$ ODBC cursor library...

I've tried (updatable) driver cursors a little
but gave up the plan due to a recent backend
change.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue