Error 1053

From
"Carlos Brooks"

Working on my dev system, I did a web site last year using PHP and PostgreSQL 8.4. All went great and the site has been up and running with no problems for over a year now. The want some changes/additions and now can’t get PostgreSQL service to start. I receive the Error 1053 that the service takes too long?

I removed postgres and reinstalled and still get the same error?

Carlos Brooks

Cell - (254) 760-6314

According to 'Hillary' It takes a village to raise an Idiot! And My mother thanks you for your assistance in raising hers!

Re: Error 1053

From
"Rob Richardson"

Did you look in the PostgreSQL log?  I think you’ll find something there to help you.

RobR

Working on my dev system, I did a web site last year using PHP and PostgreSQL 8.4. All went great and the site has been up and running with no problems for over a year now. The want some changes/additions and now can’t get PostgreSQL service to start. I receive the Error 1053 that the service takes too long?

I removed postgres and reinstalled and still get the same error?

Carlos Brooks

Cell - (254) 760-6314

According to 'Hillary' It takes a village to raise an Idiot! And My mother thanks you for your assistance in raising hers!

Re: Error 1053

From
"Rob Richardson"

Yes, that’s the right folder.  If there’s nothing there, I can’t help you myself.  You might want to check the logging configuration, but I’m not sure exactly how.

Also, please use Reply All when replying so that the discussion stays on the list where others might see it.

RobR

Re: Error 1053

From
"Carlos Brooks"

Can’t find any log file that is being updated.

According to the config file the system is set to listen on tcp/ip localhost (127.0.0.1) port 5432, I did a netstat –a and it seems that port 5432 is not even listed anywhere. I am guessing that this is the problem, if so, how do I correct this?

Did you look in the PostgreSQL log?  I think you’ll find something there to help you.

RobR

Working on my dev system, I did a web site last year using PHP and PostgreSQL 8.4. All went great and the site has been up and running with no problems for over a year now. The want some changes/additions and now can’t get PostgreSQL service to start. I receive the Error 1053 that the service takes too long?

I removed postgres and reinstalled and still get the same error?

Carlos Brooks

Cell - (254) 760-6314

According to 'Hillary' It takes a village to raise an Idiot! And My mother thanks you for your assistance in raising hers!

Re: Error 1053

From
"Carlos Brooks"

Problem solved.

I had removed the data directory that was listed in the postgres config file. Once I told the config file where this data directory was then it works.