problem loading sql to database?

From
"mike andreetta"

HI

I’m trying to use PostgreSQL 8.4 to serve databases on our application on windows xp. Darn clients have something against red hat… anyways.

I have a dump that was taken from my Linux box. I’m am trying to import the data to a database on PostgreSQL server which is running on XP.

I have tried restore. Ive tried psql in the query box. Nothing seems to be working for me. Can someone help please? The boss is starting to wonder how much I really know about computers.

Michael Andreetta

Amber Systems Technologies

4725 First Street, Suite 222

Pleasanton CA 94566

925-417-0762 (Tele-fax)

209-275-7959 (Cell)

www.astpos.com

Reliable, affordable and money saver POS for your business.

Re: problem loading sql to database?

From
Michael Wood
Date:
2009/9/4 mike andreetta <mike.andreetta@ast-pos.com>:
> HI
>
> I’m trying to use PostgreSQL 8.4 to serve databases on our application on
> windows xp. Darn clients have something against red hat… anyways.

Install XPde on a Linux box ;)
http://www.xpde.com/

> I have a dump that was taken from my Linux box. I’m am trying to import the
> data to a database on PostgreSQL server which is running on XP.
>
> I have tried restore. Ive tried psql in the query box. Nothing seems to be
> working for me. Can someone help please? The boss is starting to wonder how
> much I really know about computers.

What is "the query box"?  And could you elaborate on what happens when
you try?  Do you get error messages?  If so, what?

Maybe try using a different dump format if SQL is causing issues?

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot@gmail.com>

Date:
2009/9/8 mike andreetta <mike.andreetta@ast-pos.com>:
> The query box would be the sql shell terminal. And nothing seems to happen.
> I cant find any error log. Im using pgadmin3 to administer the server.

I have never used pgadmin3.  Can you try from the command line?  If it
doesn't work you should get an error then.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot@gmail.com>