Array Data Type

From
jun queano
Date:
Hi everyone!
i want to know if pgSQL supports array data type.  if so, please tell me how to add an array data type.

many tnx...

Re: Array Data Type

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, jun queano wrote:

> i want to know if pgSQL supports array data type.  if so, please tell
> me how to add an array data type.

Is that what you are looking?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/arrays.html

Devrim GUNDUZ
devrim@gunduz.org                devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
            http://www.tdmsoft.com
            http://www.gunduz.org

Re: Array Data Type

From
Jason Hihn
Date:
In 7.3 yes, just subscript it.

c char(1)[],

Array support is new and probably not as thorough as you'd like. Note that no bounds are enforced at this time, even if bounded in the declaration.  I found that for my needs, I had to split it out into a sub-table.

Anyone, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
i want to know if pgSQL supports array data type.  if so, please tell me how to add an array data type.

many tnx...

Re: Array Data Type

From
Adam Witney
Date:
Yes it does, take a look here for details

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/arrays.html

> Hi everyone!
> i want to know if pgSQL supports array data type.  if so, please tell me how
> to add an array data type.
>
> many tnx...

believed to be clean.

Nie ma mnie w biurze

From
Lukasz Feldman
Date:
Dziekuje za wiadomosc. Niestety w dniach 18-29 sierpnia 2003 jestem nieobecny w biurze z powodu urlopu.

Pozdrawiam,

Lukasz Feldman

Re: Nie ma mnie w biurze

From
Jason Hihn
Date:
Sorry to get off-topic, but I've been getting this message all day, and not
from this list (except now)... Anyone know what is going on?

Re: Nie ma mnie w biurze

Date:
Jason Hihn <jhihn@paytimepayroll.com> writes:
> Sorry to get off-topic, but I've been getting this message all day, and not
> from this list (except now)... Anyone know what is going on?

Somebody apparently misconfigured "vacation" (or local equivalent) so
that it would reply to mailing list mail --- but of course without any
identifying information that would let you deduce that, except by
guessing.

I got about half a dozen of these before asking Marc to deactivate the
person's pgsql subscriptions ...  you shouldn't see any more ...

            regards, tom lane