error: table does not exist

From
jun queano
Date:
Using pgAdminII (vb version) i encountered this problem:

SQL syntax to add a single record as a manner of testing:
"INSERT INTO Table1(Age,EmployeeName,Gender,Address1,Address2,Company,Designation,License) "VALUES ('26','jun','m','add1','add2','sttb','sf','1234')"

error### = "table1" does not exist

the thing that confuses me is that i have created the table and named it "Table1" with respective columns as mentioned above.  all column data types are set to "text[]"

is there anything wrong?

Re: error: table does not exist

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, jun queano wrote:

> Using pgAdminII (vb version) i encountered this problem:
>
> SQL syntax to add a single record as a manner of testing:
> "INSERT INTO
> Table1(Age,EmployeeName,Gender,Address1,Address2,Company,Designation,License)
> "VALUES ('26','jun','m','add1','add2','sttb','sf','1234')"

INSERT INTO "Table1" ...

For non-all lower case names, if you quoted it when you
made the object, you'll need to quote it when you refer
to it.  The same may apply to your column names if you
quoted those on the create as well.

Re: error: table does not exist

From
Bryan Bulten
Date:
> the thing that confuses me is that i have created the table and named
> it "Table1" with respective columns as mentioned above.  all column
> data types are set to "text[]"

By quoting a table name during creation, the name becomes case
sensitive.  With case sensitive names that have uppercase characters,
you must always quote them - otherwise they are forced lowercase (as
could be seen in the error message.)  So this should fix the problem:

--
Bryan Bulten
http://www.bulten.ca/

Attachment