Problem on Cygwin

From
Edwin New

We are running postgresql 7.2.1 on cygwin on a Windows 2000 box with 2GB RAM.  After more than 3 or four clients connect, we get this error repeated in the log and the database refuses more connections.

10:36:05 AM - Warn  [1], [] databaseAccess.query(str_sql,obj_rs), Error [-2147217843], Source : [Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers], Description [Server process fork() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable]

We have modified the max_connections in postgresql.conf to 256, and the shared_buffers = 512.

Can anyone suggest how we can fix this problem?

Thanks,

Edwin New.

Re: Problem on Cygwin

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Edwin,

> We are running postgresql 7.2.1 on cygwin on a Windows 2000 box with 2GB
> RAM.  After more than 3 or four clients connect, we get this error repeated
> in the log and the database refuses more connections.

Not offhand ... I don't use cygwin, and this sounds like a Cygwin problem.
Have you tried the Cygwin mailing list?.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions