Problem on Cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Edwin New
Subject Problem on Cygwin
Date
List pgsql-novice

Hi,

We are running postgresql 7.2.1 on cygwin on a Windows 2000 box with 2GB RAM.  After more than 3 or four clients connect, we get this error repeated in the log and the database refuses more connections.

10:36:05 AM - Warn  [1], [] databaseAccess.query(str_sql,obj_rs), Error [-2147217843], Source : [Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers], Description [Server process fork() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable]

We have modified the max_connections in postgresql.conf to 256, and the shared_buffers = 512.

Can anyone suggest how we can fix this problem?

Thanks,

Edwin New.