Last access time for a table

From
Jonathon Batson
Date:
Hi..
I would like to be able to find out when the last time a table has been
accessed or updated.
Can this be done?

Thanks

Re: Last access time for a table

From
Aarni Ruuhimäki
Date:
Hi !

How about a column 'last_updated' which gets a fresh date/time on every update
and then a view, if you like, to show max(last_updated) on your tables?

BR,

aarni

--
Aarni Ruuhimäki
Megative Tmi

Pääsintie 26
45100 Kouvola

info@kymi.com / aarni.ruuhimaki@kymi.com

05 - 3755 035 / 050 - 4910 037

**********************
Linux RedHat / KDE
**********************

Re: Last access time for a table

From
Jonathon Batson
Date:
Thanks and Yes, I thought of that as well.  My question should really be....

Is there a postgresql system table or function that holds/records the last data/time a table has been accessed or updated?

Thanks
Jonathon

Date:
Jonathon Batson <jonathon@octahedron.com.au> writes:
> Is there a postgresql system table or function that holds/records the
> last data/time a table has been accessed or updated?

No.

            regards, tom lane