Re: Last access time for a table - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jonathon Batson
Subject Re: Last access time for a table
Date
List pgsql-novice
Thanks and Yes, I thought of that as well.  My question should really be....

Is there a postgresql system table or function that holds/records the last data/time a table has been accessed or updated?

Thanks
Jonathon

Aarni Ruuhimäki wrote:
Hi !

How about a column 'last_updated' which gets a fresh date/time on every update
and then a view, if you like, to show max(last_updated) on your tables?

BR,

aarni