Re: Had to drop some table columns, managed to annoy MS

From
Cheryl Thompson
Date:
Is there a way to copy/export the DB (or it's tables) to another DB and dump
all this stuff that's causing the problems? In particular, in the past I
have exported the entirety of a database into a flat file and imported it
into a "clean" version. Admittedly, it's been a while and that was for an
app using DB2 which didn't have a lot of built in tools, but the theory
applies...

B/c building an ODBC driver is WAYYYY beyond 1)my skills and 2)the project
timescale on this. I need to have this particular issue fixed tomorrow
morning; if rebuilding the DB is the quickest way, I will do that, but I was
hoping for a quicker (and less destructive) work around...

Cheryl

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]

Cheryl Thompson <cthompso@ci.irving.tx.us> writes:
> All my installs and drivers are the newest official releases that were
> available as of Dec 29, 2002. (IE 2 weeks ago)...

I looked at the psqlodbc CVS logs, and this was claimed to be fixed on 6
Dec --- but apparently there hasn't been a release put out since 29 Nov.
I'd suggest pestering the ODBC guys for a new release (pgsql-odbc
mailing list is probably a good place).  Or pull the CVS-tip sources and
build it yourself.