Perl DBI Drivers

From
Chuck Wolber
Date:
Are Perl DBI drivers available for using DBI::DBD to interface with
PostgreSQL? The only ones I found seem to be rather old as they reference
RedHat 5.0 and Postgres95.

I looked at the Pg.pm module from postgresql-perl-7.1.2-5PGDG.i386.rpm but
it didn't appear to support DBI::DBD. It looks like good code, but since
all of our code was written using DBI::DBD interfaces, it would require a
lot of re-coding to utilize a different interface paradigm.

Thank you,

-Chuck

--
   Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Linux Technology
   * Education            |

Re: Perl DBI Drivers

From
postgres@vsservices.com
Date:
On Monday 03 September 2001 22:54, Chuck Wolber wrote:
> Are Perl DBI drivers available for using DBI::DBD to interface with
> PostgreSQL? The only ones I found seem to be rather old as they reference
> RedHat 5.0 and Postgres95.
>
> I looked at the Pg.pm module from postgresql-perl-7.1.2-5PGDG.i386.rpm but
> it didn't appear to support DBI::DBD. It looks like good code, but since
> all of our code was written using DBI::DBD interfaces, it would require a
> lot of re-coding to utilize a different interface paradigm.
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Chuck
Hi,

Have you checked out CPAN or the DBI websites? I use
PG with DBI all day long.

http://www.cpan.org/
http://dbi.symbolstone.org/

GB

--
GB Clark II             | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@VSServices.COM | General Geek

Re: Perl DBI Drivers

From
Chuck Wolber
Date:
Thank you for the pointer. I found exactly what I needed. In case anyone's
interested, I found it at:

http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-module/DBD/

Specifically it was DBD-Pg-1.01.tar.gz

-Chuck

--
   Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Linux Technology
   * Education            |
   * Enterprise Integration    | http://www.quantumlinux.com
   * Support            | chuckw@quantumlinux.com

Re: Perl DBI Drivers

From
Jason Tan

I have used DBI drivers for postgres abotu 6 months ago.

I dont recall the version but the postgres version was 6.5.

I got them from CPAN.

A quick look at my local CPAN mirror and it had this:

http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/CPAN/authors/id/M/ME/MERGL/DBD-Pg-1.01.readme

Take off the file name and you will see teh relevant tarball.
The readme says it needs at least postgres 6.5 so it is probably worth a
try.

Pg package is for directly conenctiong to postgres, so is nto as poratable
as DBI.

Jason