using CPAN mode, can't install DBD::Pg

From
"Tod Emko"
Date:
Hello, I successfully installed DBI, and I tried "install DBD::Pg" at the
cpan> prompt.  I retrieve the tar file alright, and it untars, and then it
goes to build M/ME/MERGL/DBD-Pg-0.95.tar.gz.  It then says "Configuring Pg,"
but then I get the error messages:

Running make test
    Make had some problems, maybe interrupted?  Won't test
Running make install
    Make had some problems, maybe interrupted?  Won't install

has anyone else come across this problem?  Any input would be much
appreciated.

Re: using CPAN mode, can't install DBD::Pg

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 12:23:53PM -0500, Tod Emko wrote:
> Running make test
>     Make had some problems, maybe interrupted?  Won't test
> Running make install
>     Make had some problems, maybe interrupted?  Won't install

Could you try installing DBD::Pg by hand (i.e. download the tarball,
extract it, `perl Makefile.PL;make;make test;su;make install`). It's
difficult to tell what the problem is from the errors above.

BTW, you might want to try setting the POSTGRES_LIB and POSTGRES_INCLUDE
environmental variables to the correct locations. Also, read the 'README'
included with DBD::Pg

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@home.com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc