using CPAN mode, can't install DBD::Pg - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tod Emko
Subject using CPAN mode, can't install DBD::Pg
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello, I successfully installed DBI, and I tried "install DBD::Pg" at the
cpan> prompt.  I retrieve the tar file alright, and it untars, and then it
goes to build M/ME/MERGL/DBD-Pg-0.95.tar.gz.  It then says "Configuring Pg,"
but then I get the error messages:

Running make test
    Make had some problems, maybe interrupted?  Won't test
Running make install
    Make had some problems, maybe interrupted?  Won't install

has anyone else come across this problem?  Any input would be much
appreciated.