data entry

From
deval
Date:
For years I am using dBASE to compute payroll of employees. Required
data entry is number of days present and overtime if any. This is done
record by record. Data entry person sees employee number and name, and
boxes with prompt, where the data is entered. For Postgresql is there
any user interface available, that could help a non technical person to
make the data entry?

vijay

RE: data entry

From
Windy Elliott
Date:
A web interface can be programmed very easily.  That is the only way I have
ever placed anything into a Postgresql database.

-----Original Message-----
From: deval [mailto:deval@giaspn01.vsnl.net.in]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 9:38 AM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] data entry

For years I am using dBASE to compute payroll of employees. Required
data entry is number of days present and overtime if any. This is done
record by record. Data entry person sees employee number and name, and
boxes with prompt, where the data is entered. For Postgresql is there
any user interface available, that could help a non technical person to
make the data entry?

vijay

RE: data entry

From
"Sokel, John"

Here is a list of utilities and things from the PostgreSQL CD.  I know there are a few tools for data entry.  PGAccess I think is what you are looking for.

Software : ODBC (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/index.html
Contact :

Software : DBD-Pg (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-module/DBD
Contact : E.Mergl@bawue.de

Software : GtkPGA (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/3807/GtkPGA.html
Contact : darkhonor@geocities.com

Software : GtkSQL (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://www.multimenia.com/bbrox/GtkSQL
Contact : mailto:bbrox@multimania.com

Software : JDBC Driver (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres
Contact : http://www.retep.org.uk/contact

Software : KPGsql (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://home.primeusnetz.de/mgeisler/kpgsql
Contact : geisler@primeusnetz.de

Software : Keystone (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://www.stonekeep.com
Contact : http://www.stonekeep.com/support.php3

Software : dbengine (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://www.cis-computer.com/dbengine
Contact : ciechowski@cis-computer.com

Software : HaruspeX (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://www.linux.it/ospiti/haruspex
Contact : abaldoni@racine.ra.it

Software : KMySql (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://www.xnot.com/kmysql
Contact : kmysql@penguinpowered.com

Software : kpsql (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://www.mutinybaysoftware.com/kpsql.html
Contact :

Software : mpsql (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://www.mutinybaysoftware.com/mpsql.html
Contact : mailto:keidav@mutinybaysoftware.com

Software : PgAccess (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://flex.flex.ro/pgaccess
Contact : teo@flex.ro

Software : pgAdmin (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://www.vale-it.demon.co.uk/freeware
Contact : support@vale-housing.co.uk

Software : wui-mod_postgresql (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://www.yamanasi.net/~kenji
Contact : kenji@yamansi.net

Software : PHP 4 & 3 (Click here to browse directory)
Webpage : http://www.php.net