Documentation for working with PG interval types via JDBC

From
Александър Шопов
Date:
Hi everyone,

PG has an interval data type. Via google searches and the mail
archive[1] I learned that PG jdbc driver has
org.postgresql.util.PGInterval type which however is not listed in the
public API[2].
Is there some documentation on the way it is supposed to be used, how it
is mapped to Java types (it is a PG extension after all), or is my best
shot the source code?

Kind regards:
al_shopov

[1]

http://groups.google.com/group/pgsql.interfaces.jdbc/browse_thread/thread/c3aab813c0c78c11/3a17a0ed5bff5b33?lnk=gst&q=interval#3a17a0ed5bff5b33
[2] http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/publicapi/index.html

Re: Documentation for working with PG interval types via JDBC

From
Александър Шопов
Date:
Answering my own question:

The source is indeed the proper place. The ant scripts have a special
target for building the javadoc for the private API:

ant privateapi

the docs go into build/privateapi

Kind regards:
al_shopov

Re: Documentation for working with PG interval types via JDBC

From
Kris Jurka

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, �~Pлек�~Aанд�~J�~@ Шопов wrote:

> The source is indeed the proper place. The ant scripts have a special
> target for building the javadoc for the private API:

Yes, but you're correct that PGInterval should be in the public API.  I
will add it to that target when I get the chance.

Kris Jurka

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Kris Jurka wrote:

> Yes, but you're correct that PGInterval should be in the public API.  I will
> add it to that target when I get the chance.

I have made this change in CVS and it will be published to the website
with the next set of driver releases.

Kris Jurka