connection problem

From
"Tuğberk Kara"
Date:
I have a postgresql installed on a remote machine. I want to connect to it with libpq but the connection is not successful.
I have this piece of code for connection in my c file:

PGconn *conn=NULL;
char  *conn_str="hostaddr=172.16.11.2 port=5432 dbname=postgres user=postgres password=654321 reqiressl=0";
conn=PGconnectStart(conn_str);
if(PGstatus(conn)=CONNECTION_BAD){

  PGerrorMessage(conn);
}
else{

printf("connected");

}

But I can not connect. It exits from the program. I tried also PGconnectdb but it also did not connect to the databse. But I can connect to it thorough pgAdmin with the same credentials. Can you help me please urgently!'!!!

Re: connection problem

From
Andy Shellam
Date:
Try "host=172.16.11.2" at the start of your connection string.  I
believe the parameter is "host" not "hostaddr".

Andy.

--
Andy Shellam <mailto:andy.shellam@mailnetwork.co.uk>,
the Mail Network <http://www.mailnetwork.co.uk/>

NetServe Support - we don't go the extra mile; we go the whole distance!

p: (+44) 0 845 838 0879 / +44 0 7818 000834
w: www.mailnetwork.co.uk <http://www.mailnetwork.co.uk/>
e: support@mailnetwork.co.uk <mailto:support@mailnetwork.co.uk>

Re: connection problem

From
Volkan YAZICI
Date:
On Jul 31 10:18, Tuğberk Kara wrote:
> PGconn *conn=NULL;
> char  *conn_str="hostaddr=172.16.11.2 port=5432 dbname=postgres
> user=postgres password=654321 reqiressl=0";
> conn=PGconnectStart(conn_str);
> if(PGstatus(conn)=CONNECTION_BAD){
>
>  PGerrorMessage(conn);
> }
> else{
>
> printf("connected");
>
> }

You're using totally wrong functions. There's even doesn't exist a
function called PGconnectStart().

First of all, I'd suggest you to either reading libpq manual[1] in the
PostgreSQL documentation or "PostgreSQL ile Programlama"[2] (in Turkish)
book's C API related section.

[1] www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/libpq.html
[2] http://www.students.itu.edu.tr/~yazicivo/doc/postgresql-ile-programlama-20060214.pdf

Regards.