MD5 PasswordPacket

From
Bruce Badger
Date:
Where can I read up on the encoding of the String in the PasswordPacket
required when I get an AuthenticationMD5Password message from the backend?

I've looked at some code that implements the encoding, but reading the
specification (the intent) would be most useful.

One question in particular springs to mind: can usernames and passwords
be made up of multi-byte characters, and how does this affect the MD5
encoding?

Thanks.

P.S. Many thanks for the help with my character string encoding
questions.  I have that all working nicely, now. :-)

Re: MD5 PasswordPacket

Date:
Bruce Badger wrote:
> Where can I read up on the encoding of the String in the PasswordPacket
> required when I get an AuthenticationMD5Password message from the backend?

Read the source code.   :-)

> I've looked at some code that implements the encoding, but reading the
> specification (the intent) would be most useful.

That string is encoded twice, once with the username string, and another
time with the random salt sent from the server.

> One question in particular springs to mind: can usernames and passwords
> be made up of multi-byte characters, and how does this affect the MD5
> encoding?

It should be fine, I think.  The encoding is just a string if bytes to
MD5, and there is no encoding conversion done as part of that transfer.

Pennsylvania19073

where are the Error messages pleaseeeeeeee

From
Juddy Gómez
Date:
href="http://es.rd.yahoo.com/mail_es/tagline/greetings/*http://es.greetings.yahoo.com/"><b>¡Felicitalas