Inserting NULL with pgaccess

From
Ivo Simicevic
Using pgaccess:
Is there a way of getting field value back to NULL
once you have typed something into it?
Simply erasing with backspace doesn't change it
back and ESCape can't help, and you can't delete record as
it has no oid, yet.

Regards,

Ivo.

Re: Inserting NULL with pgaccess

From
"Ken J. Wright"
Date:
On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Ivo Simicevic wrote:
> Using pgaccess:
>
> Is there a way of getting field value back to NULL
> once you have typed something into it?

Type the word "null" in the field.

Cheers!

Ken

Date:
On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 09:05:53AM -0700, Ken J. Wright wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Ivo Simicevic wrote:
> > Using pgaccess:
> >
> > Is there a way of getting field value back to NULL
> > once you have typed something into it?
>
> Type the word "null" in the field.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Ken

Being curious enough I have followed your instruction even
though it raises new questions like "how you enter word null as
data..." :-)) and guess what - I got an error "bad date
external representation 'null' " (of course).

Next one please. :-))

Ivo.

Re: Inserting NULL with pgaccess

From
"Ken J. Wright"
Date:
Hmmm.... This was a patch I submitted long ago to Contantin. I guess it fell
through a crack. I'll dig it up for you.

Ken
On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Ivo Simicevic wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 09:05:53AM -0700, Ken J. Wright wrote:
> > On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Ivo Simicevic wrote:
> > > Using pgaccess:
> > >
> > > Is there a way of getting field value back to NULL
> > > once you have typed something into it?
> >
> > Type the word "null" in the field.
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Ken
>
> Being curious enough I have followed your instruction even
> though it raises new questions like "how you enter word null as
> data..." :-)) and guess what - I got an error "bad date
> external representation 'null' " (of course).
>
> Next one please. :-))
>
> Ivo.

Re: Inserting NULL with pgaccess

From
"Ken J. Wright"
Date:
Well the changes were put in on 4/29/1999 and it works fine for me. It will
however fail as you described if you included the quote marks.