Announce: PostgreSQL-6.5.3 binaries available for Windows NT

From
Kevin Lo
Date:
Hi,

Some people asked me to build PostgreSQL binaries for Windows NT.
The binaries(PostgreSQL-6.5.3) are now available at:

ftp://203.79.167.135/pub/postgres-nt-binaries.tar.gz

Please go to my page if you want to build it yourself :)

http://www.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html

The Chinese version is at:

http://www.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT_Big5.html

Enjoy!
Kevin.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announce: PostgreSQL-6.5.3 binaries available for Windows NT

From
Hannu Krosing
Kevin Lo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some people asked me to build PostgreSQL binaries for Windows NT.
> The binaries(PostgreSQL-6.5.3) are now available at:
>
> ftp://203.79.167.135/pub/postgres-nt-binaries.tar.gz

Great !

> Please go to my page if you want to build it yourself :)
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html
>
> The Chinese version is at:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT_Big5.html

And could someone please put a note about them on www.postgresql.org ?

I searched it on Sunday for just this and I could only find a link to
the last url - the chinese translation ;(

---------------
Hannu

Date:
Hannu Krosing wrote:

> Kevin Lo wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Some people asked me to build PostgreSQL binaries for Windows NT.
> > The binaries(PostgreSQL-6.5.3) are now available at:
> >
> > ftp://203.79.167.135/pub/postgres-nt-binaries.tar.gz
>
> Great !
>
> > Please go to my page if you want to build it yourself :)
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html
> >
> > The Chinese version is at:
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT_Big5.html
> >

> And could someone please put a note about them on www.postgresql.org ?
>
> I searched it on Sunday for just this and I could only find a link to
> the last url - the chinese translation ;(

Seems you don't read the FAQ :)
See http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#1.4

> Hannu

- Kevin

Does the binary contain sql server with it?