DBD for Postgreslq 4.5.1 (libpq.so.2)

From
Paul Hardiman
Date:
Hi, Jesper.
Perhaps you meant 6.5.1 instead of 4.5.1

I ran into similar issues with the binary RPMs.
I eventually installed the source rpm and rebuilt from there. You may
need to build the interface components that you want.
I believe the default target is /usr/local/pgsql.

The perl, C, and C++ interfaces seem to work nicely.

Good Luck.

--
Regards,                Paul Hardiman           InterMedia, Inc (Colorado)        Informations Systems Consulting
303-581-0606, Fax 581-0506, hardiman@hardiman.com

Re: DBD for Postgreslq 4.5.1 (libpq.so.2)

From
sieberg@cadvision.com (Ross Sieber)
Date:
On 30 Aug 1999 11:50:51 -0400, hardiman@hardiman.com (Paul Hardiman)
wrote:

>I ran into similar issues with the binary RPMs.
>I eventually installed the source rpm and rebuilt from there. You may
>need to build the interface components that you want.
>I believe the default target is /usr/local/pgsql.
>
>The perl, C, and C++ interfaces seem to work nicely.

I had similar experiences as well, and eventually just
got the tarball.  Everything works fine now.

Re: DBD for Postgreslq 4.5.1 (libpq.so.2)

From
"Jesper K. Pedersen"
Date:
My own solution.
Well - I have to admit that after getting a good nights sleep I solved
the problem
PostgreSQL 6.5.1 doesnt use DBD / DBI
There is the Pg package for perl. Changing my old perl scripts to use
the Pg package insteed of dbd/dbi made them all run again without
installing any DBD and DBI.

Best regards
Jesper K. Pedersen
PS. Its amazing what a nights sleep can do when you get stuck with a
problem...