Inserting data into PostgreSQL

From
rodneyr@embratel.com.br
Date:
How can I inserting data from a file into PostgreSQL? I've tried the
following SQL command, but it didn't work:

INSERTO INTO table_name (column_name[, ...])  FROM FILE 'file_name' (data_type, ...)

I received the message:

ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "from"

Besides, which caracter must we use to separate the columns into the file?
I used ",". Is it correct?

Thanks,

Rodney.

Re: [INTERFACES] Inserting data into PostgreSQL

From
SUMA R
Date:
Hi,  U can insert the data from a file to the table using the copy command
  COPY table_name FROM 'filename' USING DELIMITERS 'del'

Better u give absolute pate when referring to the filename.

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 rodneyr@embratel.com.br wrote:

> How can I inserting data from a file into PostgreSQL? I've tried the
> following SQL command, but it didn't work:
>
> INSERTO INTO table_name
>   (column_name[, ...])
>    FROM FILE 'file_name' (data_type, ...)
>
> I received the message:
>
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "from"
>
> Besides, which caracter must we use to separate the columns into the file?
> I used ",". Is it correct?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rodney.
>

> ************
> Check out "PostgreSQL Wearables" @ http://www.pgsql.com

ODBC & VB5

From
rjd@intekom.co.za
Date:
Hi All

I am using postdrv v06-40-0006.  I have a really strange problem
when I access the database from Visual Basic 5.

Everything works fine, except for the following:

When I add a new record, I have to refresh the database before I
can access any records.  Now, this on it's own would be strange
enough, but here is the REALLY fun part : I have to refresh it using
a different subroutine / function / etc...  As a matter of fact, the only
thing that works every time is to create a button that refeshes the
db and moves it to the last record, and then getting my program to
activate the button.

If I DON'T do this I get a message saying that the current record is
deleted.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there a patch / fix that I am
unaware of?

TIA

Jason Doller