ODBC & VB5 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From rjd@intekom.co.za
Subject ODBC & VB5
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi All

I am using postdrv v06-40-0006.  I have a really strange problem
when I access the database from Visual Basic 5.

Everything works fine, except for the following:

When I add a new record, I have to refresh the database before I
can access any records.  Now, this on it's own would be strange
enough, but here is the REALLY fun part : I have to refresh it using
a different subroutine / function / etc...  As a matter of fact, the only
thing that works every time is to create a button that refeshes the
db and moves it to the last record, and then getting my program to
activate the button.

If I DON'T do this I get a message saying that the current record is
deleted.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there a patch / fix that I am
unaware of?

TIA

Jason Doller