libpgtcl.so

From
"Brent Waldrop"
Date:
Hi everyone i am having trouble running pgaccess and wandering if anyone
knows whats going on by the problem im getting. when i try to run wish -f
pgaccess.tcl
i get an error that says
Error in startup script: couldn't loadl file "libpgtcl.so":
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so: undefined symbol: crypt   while executing
"load libpgtcl.so"  (procedure "main" line 6)
"main $argc $argv"     (file "pgaccess.tcl" line 4954)

I don't know if this helps but i have a newly installed redhat 6 system with
tcl/tk 8.0. I tried to go the postgre source directory where libpgtcl is and
do a make install and it still did not solve the problem. I even copied
libpgtcl.so from /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ to /usr/lib and still no go if
someone could please tell me whats going on it would be much appreciated.

thanks
Brent

Re: [INTERFACES] libpgtcl.so

From
Bill Brandt
Date:
I'm not familiar with using pgaccess (I don't run X so I'm guessing from the wish command it's an tk frontend to
replacepsql.)

However, I think your problem is that you need libcrypt.so loaded and wish does not have this included.  Unfortunately
libcryptcauses

a warning error msg to be displayed when you load it.  I've used this load method for quite a while with irc eggdrop
applications. A

workaround I found was to do the following first:

catch {load libcrypt.so}

The catch keeps the warning message from causing a serious issue.

If anyone else has any better methods, I'd be interrested in hearing them.

Bill

On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 02:01:58PM -0500, Brent Waldrop wrote:
>Hi everyone i am having trouble running pgaccess and wandering if anyone
>knows whats going on by the problem im getting. when i try to run wish -f
>pgaccess.tcl
>i get an error that says
>Error in startup script: couldn't loadl file "libpgtcl.so":
>/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so:
>  undefined symbol: crypt
>    while executing
>"load libpgtcl.so"
>   (procedure "main" line 6)
>"main $argc $argv"
>      (file "pgaccess.tcl" line 4954)
>
>I don't know if this helps but i have a newly installed redhat 6 system with
>tcl/tk 8.0. I tried to go the postgre source directory where libpgtcl is and
>do a make install and it still did not solve the problem. I even copied
>libpgtcl.so from /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ to /usr/lib and still no go if
>someone could please tell me whats going on it would be much appreciated.
>
>thanks
>Brent

Bill Brandt
brandtwr@draaw.net                              http://www.draaw.net/

Re: [INTERFACES] libpgtcl.so

Date:
"Brent Waldrop" <waldrop_brent@hotmail.com> writes:
> i get an error that says
> Error in startup script: couldn't loadl file "libpgtcl.so":
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so:
>   undefined symbol: crypt

libpgtcl depends on libcrypt.so.  You either don't have libcrypt at all
or (more likely) your dynamic loader doesn't know about it.  IIRC, on
Linux there's some script you have to run to tell the loader where all
your .so files are kept.  See the Postgres FAQ or installation guide.

BTW, you may see the same problem with libpq.so, which libpgtcl also
depends on.
        regards, tom lane