Re: [INTERFACES] libpgtcl.so - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Bill Brandt
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] libpgtcl.so
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I'm not familiar with using pgaccess (I don't run X so I'm guessing from the wish command it's an tk frontend to
replacepsql.)

However, I think your problem is that you need libcrypt.so loaded and wish does not have this included.  Unfortunately
libcryptcauses

a warning error msg to be displayed when you load it.  I've used this load method for quite a while with irc eggdrop
applications. A

workaround I found was to do the following first:

catch {load libcrypt.so}

The catch keeps the warning message from causing a serious issue.

If anyone else has any better methods, I'd be interrested in hearing them.

Bill

On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 02:01:58PM -0500, Brent Waldrop wrote:
>Hi everyone i am having trouble running pgaccess and wandering if anyone
>knows whats going on by the problem im getting. when i try to run wish -f
>pgaccess.tcl
>i get an error that says
>Error in startup script: couldn't loadl file "libpgtcl.so":
>/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so:
>  undefined symbol: crypt
>    while executing
>"load libpgtcl.so"
>   (procedure "main" line 6)
>"main $argc $argv"
>      (file "pgaccess.tcl" line 4954)
>
>I don't know if this helps but i have a newly installed redhat 6 system with
>tcl/tk 8.0. I tried to go the postgre source directory where libpgtcl is and
>do a make install and it still did not solve the problem. I even copied
>libpgtcl.so from /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ to /usr/lib and still no go if
>someone could please tell me whats going on it would be much appreciated.
>
>thanks
>Brent

Bill Brandt
brandtwr@draaw.net                              http://www.draaw.net/