ANOTHER update of ODBC DRIVER v06-40-0002

From
Byron Nikolaidis
Date:
Hello,

This is the FINAL mini-update of the odbc driver version 06-40-0002, and
is available at http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc.

I have fixed all the remaining API functions to handle buffer lengths,
Null buffers, and truncation properly.  These functions were
SQLNativeSql, SQLColAttributes, SQLDescribeCol, SQLDriverConnect, and
SQLGetCursorName.

Byron

Re: ODBC DRIVER v06-40-0002

From
Byron Nikolaidis

Constantin Teodorescu wrote:

> Byron Nikolaidis wrote:
> >
> > This is the FINAL mini-update of the odbc driver version 06-40-0002, and
> > is available at http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc.
>
> Would it be possible to make the postdrv.exe available through a ftp
> site ?

In fact, it already is available through ftp!

Just ftp to www.postgresql.org and log in as anonymous with your email address
as the password.  The files you want are in "/pub/odbc/latest".  If you would
prefer a url, it is ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/latest/postdrv.exe.
You can also get here through the postgresql web page if you click on
"download".

I'm not sure if you realize it, but there is also a file there called
"postdll.zip", which is only a fraction of the size of postdrv.exe.  It is
just the driver (psqlodbc.dll), so it requires that you have previously
installed postdrv.exe at least once.  So all you have to do is copy the
psqlodbc.dll file into your \windows\system directory.

Byron

Re: [INTERFACES] ANOTHER update of ODBC DRIVER v06-40-0002

From
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Date:
> This is the FINAL mini-update of the odbc driver version 06-40-0002,
> and is available at http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc.
> I have fixed all the remaining API functions to handle buffer lengths,
> Null buffers, and truncation properly.  These functions were
> SQLNativeSql, SQLColAttributes, SQLDescribeCol, SQLDriverConnect, and
> SQLGetCursorName.

There is a one-line problem with compiling under Unix. I'm not sure what
"FINAL" means, but I would hope that this can be committed to the
Postgres cvs tree asap? I would like to package the standalone Unix code
sometime soon.

Let me know if you would prefer that I commit this to the tree. Oh,
patch enclosed :)

Talk to you soon. Regards.

                       - Tom*** ../src/interfaces/odbc/drvconn.c.orig    Wed Jan  6 02:10:36 1999
--- ../src/interfaces/odbc/drvconn.c    Wed Jan  6 02:20:04 1999
***************
*** 79,86 ****
  ConnectionClass *conn = (ConnectionClass *) hdbc;
  ConnInfo *ci;
  #ifdef WIN32
! RETCODE dialog_result, result;
  #endif
  char connStrIn[MAX_CONNECT_STRING];
  char connStrOut[MAX_CONNECT_STRING];
  int retval;
--- 79,87 ----
  ConnectionClass *conn = (ConnectionClass *) hdbc;
  ConnInfo *ci;
  #ifdef WIN32
! RETCODE dialog_result;
  #endif
+ RETCODE result;

Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> > This is the FINAL mini-update of the odbc driver version 06-40-0002,
> > and is available at http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc.
> > I have fixed all the remaining API functions to handle buffer lengths,
> > Null buffers, and truncation properly.  These functions were
> > SQLNativeSql, SQLColAttributes, SQLDescribeCol, SQLDriverConnect, and
> > SQLGetCursorName.
>
> There is a one-line problem with compiling under Unix. I'm not sure what
> "FINAL" means, but I would hope that this can be committed to the
> Postgres cvs tree asap? I would like to package the standalone Unix code
> sometime soon.

Got it...I'm posting a patch this afternoon.

Byron