Already asked?

From
Paul Bagyenda
Date:
I've just joined this list and have a question: I have a modified
version of the ODBC driver for postgres 6.3. I took the one from
magenet.com and made some changes, some of which I have since passed
back to Julie Case. Crystal Reports (and Access) does however still have
a problem with varchar field, that is they refuse to accept it in an
index. Ideas on where to look for a solution?

Thanks

P.

Re: [INTERFACES] Already asked?

From
Byron Nikolaidis

Paul Bagyenda wrote:

> I've just joined this list and have a question: I have a modified
> version of the ODBC driver for postgres 6.3. I took the one from
> magenet.com and made some changes, some of which I have since passed
> back to Julie Case. Crystal Reports (and Access) does however still have
> a problem with varchar field, that is they refuse to accept it in an
> index. Ideas on where to look for a solution?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh,  This driver is so OLD and
is not supported as far as I know!

Go to http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc for the latest one that is being
supported and works.

Byron

P.S., Can we please update these references to Magenet?????  This kind of
thing is happening all the time!

Re: [INTERFACES] Already asked?

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Byron Nikolaidis wrote:

> Paul Bagyenda wrote:
>
> > I've just joined this list and have a question: I have a modified
> > version of the ODBC driver for postgres 6.3. I took the one from
> > magenet.com and made some changes, some of which I have since passed
> > back to Julie Case. Crystal Reports (and Access) does however still have
> > a problem with varchar field, that is they refuse to accept it in an
> > index. Ideas on where to look for a solution?
> >

> Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh,  This driver is so OLD and
> is not supported as far as I know!
>
> Go to http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc for the latest one that is being
> supported and works.
>
> Byron
>
> P.S., Can we please update these references to Magenet?????  This kind of
> thing is happening all the time!

    Sorry, I had thought it was already done...done now...